7700 on a biostar tforce 6100??

Kid8

2[H]4U
I just built my g/f a qpack out of some old parts and i really like it. I am thinking of scrapping my water cooled full tower and going sff. I was gonna get the biostar but i was wondering if the 7700 would fit. i kno the 7000 fits bc thats what i used for my g/f 's setup.

So like it says, will the zalman 7700 fit on the biostart tforce in an aspire qpack? if any of you have done this can you show some pics too please. thanks so much.

yes, the zalman 7700 fits on the biostar and the Qpack case. I have one and it fits perfectly fine.

also cools the memory and nearby mosfets...really great hsf.

Kid8 said:
could u post a pic please?

please post a picture for me.....

i've a 7700 under my Abit AS8, but i'm not sure that work on the TForce :(

DSC01123-vi.jpg

Thats a Zalman 7000 inside a X-Qpack. As you know, the Zalman 7700 is the same height as the Zalman 7000. As you can see, it just -barely- clears the top divider. Just a sidenote, searching around in the SFF Gallery can get you common pictures like this

i kno the 7000 fits i have one now in a qpack for my g/f. I did search and found no pics and people just saying that is SHOULD fit. I know the 7700 is the same height but it is much wider and I am trying to figure out if it will clear the sides of the case and if it does will it clear the back of the case when sliding in the mobo.

Kid8 said:
i kno the 7000 fits i have one now in a qpack for my g/f. I did search and found no pics and people just saying that is SHOULD fit. I know the 7700 is the same height but it is much wider and I am trying to figure out if it will clear the sides of the case and if it does will it clear the back of the case when sliding in the mobo.

yes, it fits fine. As I said earlier, I have the 7700-AlCu version installed in my system. there are no problems.

Will take a picture next time I open my case.

thank you i really appreciate it. Just like to see things since i have been led down the wrong path b4. thanks again

gssethi...

it is possible for you make a photo for the main e the zalman 7700??

Now an my friend has propose to me a change, my 7700Cu for his 7000Cu Led....

Any suggestion??

Thanks in advance ;)

On a related note, is anyone aware of a QUIETER HSF that fits in a QPack? Arctic Cooling Silencer maybe?

Underclock and unplug the Zalman fan. Anyway, a Zalman at low speed is probably going to be quieter than any of the fans already in the X-Qpack.

I ended up ordering the Arctic Cooling Silencer 64. By all accounts it's significantly quieter than the Zalman, and if it performs as well as the stock HSF I'm happy, since that one is doing fine by me.

I already undervolt the 120mm fan and have replaced the 6800GS' HSF with a Silencer as well, so the thing is pretty quiet.. I normally run the stock fan on SMART control, but since I've taken up folding it runs on the "loud" speed all the time. I just want something that will stay quiet while folding :)

can a Arctic Cooling Silencer 64 fit inside a Qpack? i thought it would be too tall for it but if you do happen to get it to fit please post some pics :)

How the hell do you post pics in here? I would like to post pics of my Biostar with the Zalman 7700 and a Coolermaster Northbridge chipset cooler on here!!! Anyone help?

I just mesured, the 7700 should fit, its only 5mm taller and 27mm wider, and theres about room for 20mm on the side close to the case, and about 20mm from the top.

Smoove...

can you play a photo with this position??

tzalman.jpg

(the red space.. is a virtual space occuped by the 7700 ;)

Kings Regards

Hey, I can do a picture from that angle, but it'll be the next time I pull my board before I can. It is too difficult to get the motherboard tray out because of all the wires I have to disconnect. There is PLENTY of room with the 7700 on there though. I can remove my ram from the 1st slot without any problems.

kumquat said:
Perhaps you're thinking of the Freezer? That's the vertical one with the heatpipes. The Silencer is only a little larger than the stock HSF.

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/cpu2.php?idx=30&data=2&disc=

Did you read that link? Height is 92mm!

See Ubermouser's CNPS-7000?
Ubermouser said:
DSC01123-vi.jpg

Thats a Zalman 7000 inside a X-Qpack. As you know, the Zalman 7700 is the same height as the Zalman 7000. As you can see, it just -barely- clears the top divider. Just a sidenote, searching around in the SFF Gallery can get you common pictures like this

That (which I'm also using) pretty clearly *barely* fits, and that's only 62mm tall! The Arctic Cooling Silencer 64 is a full 50% taller than that...I can't imagine how it could fit.

Now, what I REALLY wish could fit is the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, but at 107mm tall, I think it'd just laugh at you if you tried.

dderidex said:
Did you read that link? Height is 92mm!

See Ubermouser's CNPS-7000?

That (which I'm also using) pretty clearly *barely* fits, and that's only 62mm tall! The Arctic Cooling Silencer 64 is a full 50% taller than that...I can't imagine how it could fit.

Now, what I REALLY wish could fit is the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, but at 107mm tall, I think it'd just laugh at you if you tried.
Well, it's 77mm tall, not 92mm.

Hm.... it looks like there's a cm or so to work with in there, but I guess we'll find out! I'll let you know ;)

I really wish they'd make something like the Freezer in a horizontal orientation. I'll pay plenty of money for a quiet HSF, but the Zalman is too noisy. It would be great if they made something like the Silencer with some heat pipes and thin fins.

kumquat said:
Well, it's 77mm tall, not 92mm.

Hm.... it looks like there's a cm or so to work with in there, but I guess we'll find out! I'll let you know ;)
Ah, yeah, I see that one seats 'flat'. I had been reading about the Freezer, which mounts vertically, and was thus mixing the dimensions up.

dderidex said:
Ah, yeah, I see that one seats 'flat'. I had been reading about the Freezer, which mounts vertically, and was thus mixing the dimensions up.
Installed the Arctic Cooling Silencer 64 Ultra last night.

It JUST BARELY fits. By JUST BARELY I mean I can barely slide a sheet of paper between the fan bracket and the metal support rod.

Installing it, I also noticed that the HSF support under the MB is causing the MB to warp slightly due to some obstruction under the MB. The support is acting as a wedge under the MB to make the MB bulge upward slightly where the CPU socket is. I'm thinking that I mistook the raised threads on the MB tray for built-in standoffs and I should reseat the MB using standard standoffs..

Back