77x drivers from nvidia!

just installed them off their website (WHQL), and my fx-55 and dual ultras went from 9800 to 10300...
kick ass!
f

wow im surprised they released some new drivers offcially on thier site.. took long enough, I have installed them on my single 6800 Gt but havent had anytime to test it out

Does anyone know if, now with all of those PureView bla bla bla, we can enable HDTV out from 6800GT AGP normaly, without having to buy expensive converter stuff?

Since i'm at it... does anyone know if I can use one of those COMPONENT OUT cables that come with a 6600GT to run a HDTV from a 6800GT AGP?

Thanks.

Disappointed that the stuttering in EQ2 is still listed as an open issue, it's been what? 8 months?

pure video cannot be enabled on the 6800 as they fucked it up....
also, for the moment it is screwing up my windows media player 10.... so am looking into that...
f

My temps are 10 degrees higher with the 77.72 drivers, they didn't help my FPS any either. The AA and AF are 16x now instead of 8S and 4X

Ok, thanks for the info. They said they'd fix it but I guess not yet. I'm not DLing them till they do.

freddiepm61 said:
pure video cannot be enabled on the 6800 as they fucked it up....
also, for the moment it is screwing up my windows media player 10.... so am looking into that...
f

As far as I could see, it is now in the SUPPORTED video cards for the new PureVideo. With exactly the same things as the 6600 does SD/HD video decoding and all, even for the AGP part.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html

So if purevideo is NOW SUPPORTED I think that 6800GT could do a normal HDvideo out as 6600GT does, probably not by the S-Video like dongle that comes with the 6600, but at least BY DVI-I since not even that could be done in the old days.

I don't have (Yet) a HDtv, but i'm looking for one, but the model in sight doesn't have DVI in only COMPONENT. :( (cheaper, since in Brazil it is still very expensive)

If someone could test sonething similar ;)

These drivers dropped me 10FPS from the XG 77.62 Drivers in the Source Stress Test

ok, can anyone give me any help as to why it screwed up my media player?
with the new drivers i had to back track to the older ones, as it all came out in like 16bit colour in media player....
any ideas
f

It screws my media player too. Looks like the gamma was set all the way up. Way too bright.
I reverted back to the 77.30 driver which comes with BF2. At first I thought I screwed up my system because I moved it across town. Bumpy ride and what not. Now it woks fine.

You dont need to revert the drives back to correct the brightness problem. just go into the control panel 'Colour Correction' and apply to All. That solves it.

nvidia control panel
color correction
color profile: advanced mode
apply color changes to: all
hit apply.

yay for pr0n...
but also, does anyone know what new games have been enabled for sli with this driver update?
f

Back