780 SLI Surround + 1

Master_Pain

Supreme [H]ardness
Is it possible to do 780 SLI 3+1 additional monitor for apps? I can't seem to get it to work, so I don't think that it can :(

Yes, I can't get it to work. Thinking about throwing an old 4870 in the run the apps monitor...

It's two way SLI. My understanding of it is that 2 way can only do 3 monitors in surround, even though it says 3+1, unless I just am not plugging the fourth into the right slot. The only way I haven't tried, is 3 DVI for surround plus the 4th in in DP, because I don't have a DVI to DP adapter, only mini DP.

The SLI configurator on that page is broken. Tried it last night and today, won't work :(

I ran 3 projectors on my GTX 680 SLI setup and then connected a 4th HDMI 1080p monitor and it worked fine as an accessory display. You need to plug the accessory display into the primary card (ie: the card that is driving 2 screens in your Surround configuration).

Basically you should have 2 Surround screens and your accessory monitor plugged into the top card (primary) and the bottom card (secondary) should only have the last Surround screen plugged into it. Hope that helped.

Should I create the Surround monitor group, then plug the accessory display in via HDMI?

Should I create the Surround monitor group, then plug the accessory display in via HDMI?

You should be able to create the Surround group with all the monitors plugged in. It'll give you the ability to select the monitors that you want to use in the Surround group.

Note: Surround really works much better if you have 3 matching monitors for the group.

You can do it. I cant remember how, but when I surround w/ Titans +1 accessory I had to tinker with the settings. I dont really remember, but had to activate/deactivate monitors etc. I finally got it though.

So, yes you can do it!

Ya, I unplugged the accessory monitor, created the Surround group, and then plugged the accessory monitor in. That worked. I wonder if I can get two accessory monitors now...

Ya, I unplugged the accessory monitor, created the Surround group, and then plugged the accessory monitor in. That worked. I wonder if I can get two accessory monitors now...

Lol, 6 screens?

Get that 29" 21:9 ratio and use that as two!

Back