7800 GTX super cooler !

diehrd

n00b
This pure copper heat sink is used in XEON 1U rack server enviroments.

Approx dimensions..

3/4 of an inch tall
2 3/4 inches long
2 Inches wide

Weight approx 300 grams

Pictures
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/diehrd/HeatSink.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/diehrd/SetinplaceforFit.jpg

All that is required to mount this is 4 drill points that line up with X bracket on the rear of the 7800GTX and fasteners, and you may also be able to use that X bracket to make sure you do not tighten it wrong.( I will post confirmation)

Toss in some ran sinks and a decient fan and you wil have a total copper cooling solution for approx 25.00,,To do that look on Ebay for Xeon P-4 1U server heat sinks .

Ok guys here are the results..HOWEVER...I have a Problem with the RAM sinks not wanting to stick COULD really use artic adheisive if any one has any ! !

Any way here are the test results I did mess up cause I took screen shot after I played so the idle of 42c is wrong it is really 36c I load at well you look at the screen shot I Figured to avoid DOUBT..I would post a screen of idle. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/diehrd/Image2.jpg

Here is load , Upper screen area is stock cooler and lower portion is new cooler.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/diehrd/Image4.jpg

So from idle to load I gain 20c,I gained a beter over clock BUT because some ram HAS no ram sinks at all ATM,, I am not trying to fry the card LMAO..And for those who waited thank THE FLU or some really strange sickness that has me in the bathroom more then at the computer I somhow got this done today...Almost puked on card twice,,,,Yikes a 500 dollar Vomit had that happened...

SO as i said a CHEAP EXTREAMLY EFFECTIVE MOD that looks good and cools execellent..I am using a STOCK AMD heat sink fan from an XP 3000 heat sink that ya cant even here run..SO for under $20.00 US it is shaping up to be the best cooler not only performance wise but at a cost so low it is unbeleavable. .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/diehrd/PB101256.jpg

And for a few dollers more, you can get a Zalman VF700 Cu that is specifically designed to fit your card, with no dangerous drilling requiered! :eek: :eek:

:eek:

very nice. but ewww...kools :D . that thing looks very nice, its low profile, doesnt look like it would put pressure on the card too badly. does it have room to fit in SLI???

great temps and clocks BTW. looks like you have some room to vmod that card, i say you take one for the team and see how that cooler stacks up to the challenge.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
very nice. but ewww...kools :D . that thing looks very nice, its low profile, doesnt look like it would put pressure on the card too badly. does it have room to fit in SLI???

great temps and clocks BTW. looks like you have some room to vmod that card, i say you take one for the team and see how that cooler stacks up to the challenge.

You could probabaly get enough pressure on there maybe even find some plastic screws and plastic nuts and washers if they make them.

your right turkish jades are better

AppaYipYip said:
And for a few dollers more, you can get a Zalman VF700 Cu that is specifically designed to fit your card, with no dangerous drilling requiered! :eek: :eek:

:eek:

Wow a overclocker afraid of a drill ? Thats cool I guess...And if you realized the bock is drilled AWAY from the card you might then realize the danger is in just your mind and not based on reality.

I have seen these blocks for as little as 4 dollars I happened to get mine for free :)..A drill and tap for maybe 5 to 10 dollars and I can promiss you that the Zalman , Stasis, and any other block cant keep up..If any one noticed the fan it is a stock AMD heat sink fan that barely blows out a candle LMAO and yet my load is only 54c at a clock of 518...

So cooling for little or no cash that results in this type of performance should be praised not scoffed at by intelectual "Giants" LMAO. . .

And as for the cigs what can I say I neded some and they happened to offer a size comparison.

diehrd said:
Wow a overclocker afraid of a drill ? Thats cool I guess...And if you realized the bock is drilled AWAY from the card you might then realize the danger is in just your mind and not based on reality.

Well I love to tweak and overclock, but I hardly enjoy drilling into PCB boards on my gear! I work hard for my money to buy my gear and do not take chances quite like that!

On the other hand, those are some awesome temps! I didn't notice the first time that your temps were THAT low under load. My XFX OC with a Zalman VF700 is around 62-64 load! So bravo to you :D :cool:

AppaYipYip said:
Well I love to tweak and overclock, but I hardly enjoy drilling into PCB boards on my gear! I work hard for my money to buy my gear and do not take chances quite like that!

On the other hand, those are some awesome temps! I didn't notice the first time that your temps were THAT low under load. My XFX OC with a Zalman VF700 is around 62-64 load! So bravo to you :D :cool:

you dont drill the PCB. you drill the copper cooler to fit into the pre-drilled holes.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
you dont drill the PCB. you drill the copper cooler to fit into the pre-drilled holes.

ohhhhhhhhhh I misunderstood what he was saying! :p :(

Back