7800GT Fan. Does yours throttle down?

Volucris

Gawd
I have a problem where my 7800gt refuses to throttle down to 2d speeds when I'm not playing a game. I've tried reloading and that doesn't work. I'm using 81.98 drivers.

Card is: EVGA 7800GT N17

Simply put, it's always at 100% fan speed. It should throttle. Its done it before and the tech at EVGA I called said it's NVIDIA's problem with drivers.

It's not driver's, It's the Bio's that control's fan speed. Just get rivatuner and set the fan to whatever You want.

Volucris said:
I have a problem where my 7800gt refuses to throttle down to 2d speeds when I'm not playing a game. I've tried reloading and that doesn't work. I'm using 81.98 drivers.

Card is: EVGA 7800GT N17

Simply put, it's always at 100% fan speed. It should throttle. Its done it before and the tech at EVGA I called said it's NVIDIA's problem with drivers.
I have the same card - and no the fan will never throttle down unless you get riva tuner and follow certain steps to make it do so.

BUT - Instead of messing with that - I HIGHLY recommend getting this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835186133

$30 - super quiet and cools better than the stock cooler. As far as I know you do not void the warranty on the EVGA card if you change heatsink/fans. (obviously be careful when you remove the stock fan and remember how to reinstall if you need to send it back to evga ever)

Download rivatuner, you can change your fan speeds in there. It should throttle down by default but you can double check there.

seanmcd said:
I have the same card - and no the fan will never throttle down unless you get riva tuner and follow certain steps to make it do so.

BUT - Instead of messing with that - I HIGHLY recommend getting this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835186133

$30 - super quiet and cools better than the stock cooler. As far as I know you do not void the warranty on the EVGA card if you change heatsink/fans. (obviously be careful when you remove the stock fan and remember how to reinstall if you need to send it back to evga ever)

Yeah this was a superior solution to my whiney 6800gs fan...

vf700 made my evga (not cu version!) SILENT. well worth the 30 bucks.

Back