7900 Series Pricing and Availability

The EVGA 7900GTX EGS at Newegg only has 18...correction...now 17 (it changed while I was writing this) left at the moment...looks like its gonna be gone soon again.

Very glad I got it two weeks ago. :)

[RS]kookie said:
Newegg has BFG 7900GTX

What he said: BFG7900GTX @ Newegg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get 'em while they last.

That is 5 hours earlier than their ETA of 3/31/06. I wonder if they will even have any left by then. The last 2 shipments in the past weeks have sold-out within hours.
I missed getting my order placed twice so far, due to the fact that they sell out in the time it takes to place the order. :mad:

Just placed my order!!! Woohoo!!! Still wont get it before the weekend though. :(

Well, that was that...Newegg sold out in less than 6 hours on the BFG 7900GTX. Next shipment is less than a week away though, so those of you who still haven't grabbed one shouldn't have to wait much longer.

I would think its only the enthusists that are willing to pay the premium cost of a first run card, the other 85% of us wait 3-4 weeks for the price to take the intial price drop and then buy. So either Nvidia released less cards than they should of in thier 'first run preimium priced' cards, or the number of enthusists is growing...Hmm

Any thoughts on that one ppl?

is this the same thing thats happened to the 512 7800gtx? Or is there some reason why most of them are out of stock.

SpinCykle said:
Noooo did i miss the 7900 GTX SC while i was at dinner? It still says they are suppose to get more in tomorrow ?

Nope...you didn't miss the SC version. I linked to the vanilla 7900 GTX. I just hope evga gets a bunch of the SC's in and pushes them through their "Step Up" program as I am waiting on a pair. Just hope I don't have to wait too long.

jcll2002 said:
is this the same thing thats happened to the 512 7800gtx? Or is there some reason why most of them are out of stock.

No. The 7800 GTX 512 was always intended as a limited release. The 7900 GTX 512 is considered full production.

jcll2002 said:

Yeah it was intended as a limited edition. Not only that, but they didnt get alot of cores from the wafers.

jcll2002 said:
why is almost everything out of stock then for so long?

Because the next major shipment isnt to mid to late April. I think they are just squeezing out what they can and then by late April we should see them in mass quanitys again.

Has anyone ever ordered from futurepowerpc? Decent reseller ratings and says it has the PNY 7900 GT in stock for $309. I just ordered from them, 2nd day air for $322 total. Why no other takers?

I would say because lot of people either just don't like PNY at all, or they want the warranty evga/bfg/xfx offer.

I guess I have been lucky to have never had to test the warranty of a manufaturer. I am of the opinion that for the most part, all cards using the same GPU are essentially the same. A lifetime warranty is nice, but to me it is overkill since I try to upgrade before I would need it. A "superclocked" card is nothing we can't do ourselves. I've haven't heard anything bad about PNY, so I hope I don't get screwed :)

jcll2002 said:
expensive as shit though

those are prices quoted in CAD. as for the availability they are only taking back orders and they say thier stock on the SC is suppose to be in the first week of march.

SpinCykle said:
those are prices quoted in CAD. as for the availability they are only taking back orders and they say thier stock on the SC is suppose to be in the first week of march.
my bad ;)

Newegg now has the stock eVGA ($539.00) and Biostar ($499) which is also stock. Gett'em while they're hot! :D

mluke245 said:
Newegg now has the stock eVGA ($539.00) and Biostar ($499) which is also stock. Gett'em while they're hot! :D

Yeah look at the shipping error they have on the biostar ..... "$99,999.00 Three Day shipping" :D But at least you get the 5 dollar instant saving! On a serious note, have they stoped shipping the Evga Superclocked versions? It seems that everywere i check always gets in the EGS modles and never any SC. Maybe i have to just preorder one and sit around and wait.

If you are extremly hard up for a Evga 7900 GTX Superclock and have the money to burn here ya go.

Back