7900GT SLI system hang/corruption issue with 3DMark05

Calefaction

Limp Gawd
I just installed my second 7900GT in SLI, and I am having issues. In 3DMark05, at some point, it either hangs the system mid demo, or the screen corrupts badly, then it hangs the system. This does NOT happen when SLI mode is disabled.

I am running:
eVGA 680i (latest bios, latest drivers)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Corsair XMS2 DDR-800 (SLI-ready, but SLI-ready is disabled in the BIOS)
2x eVGA 7900GT KO Edition
600W Enermax SLI-ready power supply
ForceWare is 93.71

Nothing is overclocked currently, it's all running at stock speeds. Temps are good across the board, voltages are good across the board. I am just trying to get the system stable before I start OC'ing anything. I was having trouble with ramping up the clock on my memory earlier, if the memory is shaky could SLI cause enough system load to stress it to a breaking point, while SLI disabled wouldn't?

Well, it seems to have been the 93.71 drivers. I removed them, did a Driver Clean, and installed the 93.81 beta set, and both 3DMark05 and 06 ran flawlessly. I honestly wasn't expecting the drastic improvement that I got. I went from 9485 to 13985 in '05. In '06, I went from 5009 to 8759. We aren't talking 8800GTX numbers here, but numbers like that mean many of my games should run quite a bit smoother using the higher end quality settings.

Back