7950 gx2 strange issue with aquamark..

bidav

Weaksauce
hey guys,
for some reason when i run aquamark sometimes i'm getting 140k and sometimes i'm getting 180k..it's random! the CPU mark is the same on all benchmarks..just the gfx benchmark changes..

I've tried reinstalling the driver (91.47) after perfectly uninstalling the prev. one like Tony here said (with drivercleaner).

I suspect that maybe both gpus don't work well together...i ran 3dmark06 few times and got 9.8K same marks for everything..

the card is overclocked to 600/750 pcie locked to 105mhz (tried without overclocking. still aquamark gives sometimes low results).

how can i be sure if it's aquamark related issue or card/drivers related issue?

also how can i know if both GPUs are running fine and not only one of them?

I am overlocking with coolbits, does it overclock Both gpus or only one of them?

Thank you and sorry for so many questions..(btw i've rad all the 7950gx2 threads and tried almost everything there...).

bidav said:
hey guys,
for some reason when i run aquamark sometimes i'm getting 140k and sometimes i'm getting 180k..it's random! the CPU mark is the same on all benchmarks..just the gfx benchmark changes..

I've tried reinstalling the driver (91.47) after perfectly uninstalling the prev. one like Tony here said (with drivercleaner).

I suspect that maybe both gpus don't work well together...i ran 3dmark06 few times and got 9.8K same marks for everything..

the card is overclocked to 600/750 pcie locked to 105mhz (tried without overclocking. still aquamark gives sometimes low results).

how can i be sure if it's aquamark related issue or card/drivers related issue?

also how can i know if both GPUs are running fine and not only one of them?

I am overlocking with coolbits, does it overclock Both gpus or only one of them?

Thank you and sorry for so many questions..(btw i've rad all the 7950gx2 threads and tried almost everything there...).

Don't hold to much value in BenchMarks.

With that said, You should try 3dMARK05 and see if your results still sway all over the place.

This is precisely why no one actually uses AquaMark. The results are all over the place for no reason. I benched and got something like 80k then the next time I got around 50k then I got over 100k. All with no changes in anything.

Edit: Yea, that's a pretty damn low 3DMark05 score for a 7950 GX2... that score in 06 I'd expect, but WTF.

Try running it a couple times and take the average of the results, or (if ytou have the pro version or whatever) set it to run each test 3-5 times. That will give you a much better indication of your true performance.

Judging by your sig, I'm fairly certain your motherboard doesn't support sli therefore it doesn't support your gx2 running with both cores.

SpitFire said:
Judging by your sig, I'm fairly certain your motherboard doesn't support sli therefore it doesn't support your gx2 running with both cores.
yes it does just fine

SpitFire said:

The PCI-E switch exists on the card. The chips talk to eachother independantly of the motherboard, so any PCI-E board works fine.

ok here's something...
I downloaded SLI bars (when sli is ON the bars are working..the programs is called nHancer)..
when i run most of the benchmark programs SLI is off...(only one gpu is in use)..

What i need to do is going to nvidia cp, change to 2 monitors, apply, then run aqumark (still no sli) then go back to cp, change to multy gpu back and apply..
after i do that, aqumark + 3dmark05 and rest will work on SLI (for 10-15 minutes..not even untill a boot) !!

HotShotMedic said:
you don't have sli. period.
Uh? The 7950GX2 is 2 basically 7900GT's on 2 risers, that connect to each other VIA onboard connector... SO actually he does have SLI :) , just not 2 7950GX2 for Quad SLI.

hey guys..
everything is fixed!!
i just installed NVtray..selected the multy GPU with SLI loading bars and the benchmarks are in the sky:)))

it solved ALL my 7950 gx2 issues....

bidav said:
hey guys..
everything is fixed!!
i just installed NVtray..selected the multy GPU with SLI loading bars and the benchmarks are in the sky:)))

it solved ALL my 7950 gx2 issues....
glad to hear it... ;)

Back