wayne said:
why would u take off the protective acrylic tubes?... they're there for a reason right?
Your not [H]ard unless you've started a fire with your PC. :D (Just kidding Mashie, lol).

I started a fire in mine when a capacitoer blew on the cdrom, took out the hdd and smoked liek a bitch. Also an old AMD K6-3 500 went up in smoke one xmas day and that melted hehe. Im now super [H]ard hehehe.

Lookign forward to seeign it lit up Mashie, and especiall seeing it finished in person hehe.

Now im off to the city centre now I havent shaven and washed in a whiel to try and get a new gfx card that way :p

CrimandEvil said:
Your not [H]ard unless you've started a fire with your PC. :D (Just kidding Mashie, lol).
i've had computer fires... one time i found this sound card with onboard serial ports and joystick ports next to each other and someone had stuck an ide cable over it and i didnt bother checking so i plug it in with a cd drive and powered it up... the ide cable caught fire... meaning, the rubber was in flames and i smell smoke and i look and im like WOAH and hit the power... smoke everywhere and ended up opening my windows in winter season... freezing too

also had a bad dialup card fry itself and screw up the computer.. reinstalled OS to fix it

i also had a old 286 motherboard that i found in a case my mom used as a footstool for several years... i plugged it in, something shorted and a capacitor exploded sending this burning metal chip onto my carpet and burnt a lil hole in it... not noticeable cus my carpet is dark purple but if i look closer, its there

theres a few more fires but this was when i was still a noob to comps.... so that makes me [H]ard right? :D

That is the king of all modded SFF's!
I don't even like doom3, but that looks sooooooo cool.
Great Work!!!

Congrats on finishing the project Mashie. It looks awesome. I know you are glad it is finished after two months (probably a little sad too since modding can be fun). I started my project about the same time as yours and I wish mine was done since I'm only about halfway through it.
Have you thought about making some bloody milliputty pieces that you could stick on your monitor and/or keyboard to accentuate the case and complete the theme? I think that would look slick and you could make them removable in case you got tired of them.

First of all Mashie, I must say that the mod is amazing! It really looks fantastic and the detail is out of this world. I do have a question though. What diodes did you use to step down the 12v to 9.5v for the fans??? I've been looking to do something similar, but haven't found a good way to do it yet until I read your final post on the project. Thanks

Mashie that is one bad ass looking Case mod bro, congratulations man. Awesome mod, the game though blows. Kudos

awesome job mashie. is the optical drive a slot drive or can we get just one shot of it open? :)

Mashie:

GREAT JOB!!! I've seen some of your work in the past, but this one takes the cake! I love how you integrated the pump and reservoir into the front cover, and made the rear radiator work with the setup.

A few questions:

1) What the flip is "Milliput"??? I've never heard of this, where can one find it?

2) WTF is "drybrushing"?? I've never heard of the technique; what is it, and how does it work?

3) What was the final parts list, and from where did you get them? Also, is the slot drive merely a CD drive, or is it a DVD drive/burner?

4) Do the CCFLs still look pinkish or orange-ish? Maybe a row of red LEDs, or ultraviolet tubes would do the trick. Also, I'm with b0n3z, the DOOM3 logo need to stand out more, just an observation.

Beyond all that, fantastic! You da man! :D

Wow man - nice. I really like the lighting and the grills on the side. Helluva job man - awesome

I also noticed the smurfs after someone else mentioned them - hahaha

Tex Arcana said:
Mashie:
2) WTF is "drybrushing"?? I've never heard of the technique; what is it, and how does it work?

Drybrushing is a technique where you take a large brush, dip it in a little paint, and then smear the brush until it's almost dry on a piece of paper. The resultant brush then has trace amounts of relatively dry paint. If you then quickly but lightly, flick the brush back and forth across a model's surface, the edges of the details on the model pick up the paint, hilighting themseves and adding texture. It's a great technique for making bark on trees, for example ( a lighter brown colour drybrushed over a dark-brown base), or edging metal. Ah...I miss my warhammer days. For example, you would paint swords using black or a dark gunmetal base, and then dry-brush them with silver to create a nice, "aged" metal look.

Guys.....if you can answer a question then answer it, don't just say "google", dammit.
:mad:

no kidding, not to hijack the thread, but people ask because they value your opinions. I'm sure I could google miliput, but maybe there is a store you prefer that would benefit from the free plug? So I don't totally hijack the thread, this is hands down the coolest case mod I have seen. You do excellent work, can't wait to see more!

PhyberOptik said:
Guys.....if you can answer a question then answer it, don't just say "google", dammit.
:mad:
we should put that in the forum rules :D

wow, i havnt been on this forum for weeks and when i come back on today, mashie finally finished his doom project, and i am speechless.. that is just awesome

man am i jealous :p

Back