7970 Purchasing Thread

How I kept refreshing and then added it and boom its outa stock! lol. Lucky lucky!

I didn't even stress over this launch. I watched Dr. Horrible's singalong blog, got pissed off at the ending, went "OH! I wonder if NCIX got their heads outta their asses yet!" and logged in.

Click, Click, *cringe* click, done.

I didn't even stress over this launch. I watched Dr. Horrible's singalong blog, got pissed off at the ending, went "OH! I wonder if NCIX got their heads outta their asses yet!" and logged in.

Lol. Do you live in canada? Because the canadian store has them in stock, but the us one doesnt.

What time did you buy it? I been refreshing it for the last 30 min and seen nothing.......

Well Newegg has the Sapphire for 550 and Amazon has it for 680 so I both called and chatted online and they do NOT price match anything other than TV's.

Isnt ATI(AMD) based in markham ontario? I thought we've always had them before US

Amazon markup. LOLOLOLOLOL!! :D

Glad I got two from Newegg at MSRP. I knew Amazon would pull this kind of crap.

Amazon markup. LOLOLOLOLOL!! :D

Glad I got two from Newegg at MSRP. I knew Amazon would pull this kind of crap.

Heh, figures... the one time I wait to see what Amazon does instead of snapping one off newegg, and Amazon jacks it :(. Oh, and I neglected to notice these were covered by the "VGA Standard Return Policy". Double fail! :) I'll go back to hoping MSI shows up finally on newegg...........

Someone over at Tiger needs to get out of bed. Have this gut feeling they're going to be posted three minutes after I walk out the door.

Someone over at Tiger needs to get out of bed. Have this gut feeling they're going to be posted three minutes after I walk out the door.

I have a feeling they'll be posted 3 minutes after I go back to sleep... :p.

I tried ordering from newegg with my phone.... and failed :p, had to reset shoprunner password and then it was too late for the one I wanted originally.

Well I'm waiting for a bit, I have GC's from Amazon and frankly they can kiss my sasquatch ass if they think I am paying 130 over MSRP. I'd be willing to do 575-600 maybe, but damn that.

So are there drivers for this card somewhere, other than in the box with the card?:eek:

Anyone got tracking numbers yet from newegg?

Not yet, i'm at work right now but am refreshing my order status once and awhile..... I want to ask the same, anyone has tracking yet for their NewEgg order?

Not yet, i'm at work right now but am refreshing my order status once and awhile..... I want to ask the same, anyone has tracking yet for their NewEgg order?

My order summary says its shipping from CA, USA so thats probably why we havent gotten them yet. Gotta wait for the west coast people to get outta bed :p

My order summary says its shipping from CA, USA so thats probably why we havent gotten them yet. Gotta wait for the west coast people to get outta bed :p

Same, mine says shipping from CA, USA also.... since its 7:50AM CST here, my guess is CA peeps will get the ball rolling within 2 hours or so :confused:

Same, mine says shipping from CA, USA also.... since its 7:50AM CST here, my guess is CA peeps will get the ball rolling within 2 hours or so :confused:

Hopefully, im waiting for this to be confimred as shipped before ordering my u3011 ;)

Hopefully, im waiting for this to be confimred as shipped before ordering my u3011 ;)

You will love your U3011. Mine has been great so far. I didn't really think it would be all that much bigger until I placed it next to my U2410. It seemingly dwarfs it in sheer size.

My sapphire 7970 I ordered @ ~10pm got cancelled this morning my newegg @ 430am :(

said they didnt actually have the "stock" that I ordered from. fail

where else can I pick one of these up?

Yeah, me too, considering MSI seems to be mia at newegg... was hoping that would show up on there but no go yet.

I'm hoping to get my Sapphire in by Wednesday. That will give me time to compare the 6970 physical dimensions to the 7970 and to create my custom duct work for cooling the 7970 with a 92mm or 120mm fan. That should allow me to overclock it without raising the noise level to unacceptable levels.

My sapphire 7970 I ordered @ ~10pm got cancelled this morning my newegg @ 430am :(

nooooooooooooooooooo.... I ordered a Sapphire also. No cancellation yet but now you got me escared. :eek:

Got a Sapphire myself, hope is doesnt get canceled. Still no tracking number :(

I did order around 7est tho so im hoping my order will be fine.

nooooooooooooooooooo.... I ordered a Sapphire also. No cancellation yet but now you got me escared. :eek:

yeah, I just got to work, and I was like "la dee da, lets see if they started shipping orders early..." check my newegg app and it says "VOID" "void? whats void mean?"

check my email. sadface :(

You will love your U3011. Mine has been great so far. I didn't really think it would be all that much bigger until I placed it next to my U2410. It seemingly dwarfs it in sheer size.

I hope I do, :p

This is my first time ever buying a cutting edge computer hardware xD so im sure I will love it.

Well its 7AM over in PST land, hopefully we start seeing tracking numbers within the hour :D

Last edited:
Coolest Monday morning ever... off work, sitting here drinking coffee, playing SW:TOR and checking TD every 15 mins for 7970's. :) I want 2 of those Gigabytes dammit!

I hope I do, :p

This is my first time ever buying a cutting edge computer hardware xD so im sure I will love it.

Well its 7AM over in PST land, hopefully we start seeing tracking numbers within the hour :D

I hope so, my U3011 has been laughing at me for using my backup 8800gts 640mb for 2 weeks now :p

This has me worried... I also ordered a sapphire 7970 shortly after 10pm last night. No cancellation notice from newegg yet though...

This has me worried... I also ordered a sapphire 7970 shortly after 10pm last night. No cancellation notice from newegg yet though...

Its worrying, but he also may be non-EST, so that might help your chances. I'm just glad now that I decided to order from newegg just in case, and not wait for amazon to populate. Because yea - not paying $150 premium there by any chance.

Its worrying, but he also may be non-EST, so that might help your chances. I'm just glad now that I decided to order from newegg just in case, and not wait for amazon to populate. Because yea - not paying $150 premium there by any chance.

it was between 10pm and 1030pm EST. I think you guys probably just got in. Im really disappointed lol. :(

Oh wow =( Maybe bad luck, or maybe something just got screwed up with your individual order. I've seen it before, and its never fun to be on the receiving end, especially on something going OOS.

Back