7970 Purchasing Thread

Ordered 2x Sapphire 7970 at 9:35pm EST last night, still shows as charged though. Think I'm safe or should I expect a VOID email? :eek:

Did the same and all looks good so far. I know last night there was an option for me to cancel if I wanted, but now it says no changes can be made, so hopefully that is a better sign.

I'll be pretty sad if my change to sapph from xfx earlier last night ends up with an OOS void =(

Yeah that is terrible... you people getting your orders cancelled should get $20 gift cards or something for the inconvenience... bad business on the part of Newegg.

Contacted Tiger via Live Chat, just to see if I could get any information out of them... was told regarding the 7970s they "don't have the update for that yet. You can try again next week."

What the heck does that mean? I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't really press it. Probably take that with a gain of salt so I'm still going to keep checking.

Contacted Tiger via Live Chat, just to see if I could get any information out of them... was told regarding the 7970s they "don't have the update for that yet. You can try again next week."

What the heck does that mean? I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't really press it. Probably take that with a gain of salt so I'm still going to keep checking.

I did the same also via phone (phone said they didn't know, chat said "check next week").

Well, at least I am getting a decent SWTOR session out of this whole ordeal.... and lot's of coffee.

Well, at least I am getting a decent SWTOR session out of this whole ordeal.... and lot's of coffee.

I would be, if I could stop refreshing... :p. With how quick these keep going I am pretty sure I won't catch it if I take 10-15 minute intervals.

wish I could play TOR while waiting... But my main is bugged out on quesh and crashes on loading XD

Oh well, ncix verified stock and shipping deets on my order. Just waiting on a charge.

Same, mine says shipping from CA, USA also.... since its 7:50AM CST here, my guess is CA peeps will get the ball rolling within 2 hours or so :confused:

Just got my shipping confirmation about an hour ago. Says it'll arrive tomorrow. :cool:

Iv ordered lots from newegg and have recived tracking numbers from anywhere from 12:01am to 11:59pm :p

That doesn't happen over the weekend, though.
I should have made that clear, my fault.
We all made these orders on Sunday night.
You'll never get a tracking number until the weekday, and never in the morning, since they don't work on weekends with packaging orders.

I've made orders Friday evening and didn't receive tracking numbers until Monday around 11 am.

Mine is shipping from across the road.

It's nice to be a stone's throw from the warehouse sometimes....however, it's a pain to pay the sales tax.

I did the same also via phone (phone said they didn't know, chat said "check next week").

Wow, shuffled to next week. That doesn't look promising at all. And no amazon anywhere near msrp. When newegg first came out with all the listings last night, I figured that the stock issues that were rumored were just that - rumors. But now, who knows.

Nope... really aggravated to be honest that my order didn't make it through with newegg :(.

Was your orders one of the ones cancelled this morning Golden? I thought I remember you getting in on some much earlier in this thread.

Wow, shuffled to next week. That doesn't look promising at all. And no amazon anywhere near msrp. When newegg first came out with all the listings last night, I figured that the stock issues that were rumored were just that - rumors. But now, who knows.

Was your orders one of the ones cancelled this morning Golden? I thought I remember you getting in on some much earlier in this thread.

Nope, I actually didn't get in on it, it went out of stock as I was placing it originally then I was debating whether to go for reference or not. So, I came back this morning and got a new order in only to have it cancelled once placed.

Nope, I actually didn't get in on it, it went out of stock as I was placing it originally then I was debating whether to go for reference or not. So, I came back this morning and got a new order in only to have it cancelled once placed.

Ugh, sorry to hear. Hopefully something comes up today for ya.

Post here if you find one Golden. Ill do the same. Im on lunch combing the interwebz

whooo hooo!

An XFX black edition just came back in stock. I grabbed it. Hopefully I got it and it wasn't cancelled! I'll be very happy... :)

I was lucky enough to check my droid at 6:04 yesterday and see the 6:02 thread posted that Newegg had these babies listed for sale. I quickly put in my order for two XFX Darkies and thought the F5 storm had spared me this year...but it has not

Now I am playing the newegg F5 "order processing" game which sucks just as bad as the other F5 game. I called my bank and they said no problem on our end, the funds are approved, so I called newegg and the CSR told me that it may or may not ship out for another 1-2 days despite the fact that I payed for RUSH processing and payed for overnight shipping :(

WTF is the point of offering rush processing if they are gonna stall 1-2days?

And is anybody else sick of seeing this on the newegg 7970 search lol
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=00E-000H-03NP6
or this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA06U05X1961
lol who needs a new GPU when they can have a $1,500 zebra rug...WTF NEWEGG, I remember when you used to be cool and only sell nerdy computer stuff

Maybe oversold and scrambling to get stock together? If it makes you feel any better I got an e-mail this morning saying my shoprunner trial I did last night was put on hold, so now I'm hoping that somehow doesn't cancel my order. Knowing how these things go, I doubt I'm that lucky.

Well, I found one on NCIXUS that's the 925mhz stock XFX version (per the model #) for $534, free shipping (they wanted $8 for shipping insurance though but I did it, worth the peace of mind). It ships from CA so it's cross-country for me and I'll be waiting a few days extra (coulda gone with overnight for $27.50 but it just didn't seem worth it... maybe I'll get lucky and it'll come quicker :p). I'm happy enough... there's a restock fee if I for some reason don't like it but, I was about to plunk down the difference practically at newegg anyway for the "black" version. I figure if I like it (which I'm sure I will) I end up ahead, if I don't I end up a little behind...

EDIT: Already shows out of stock now, heh.

Well, I found one on NCIXUS that's the 925mhz stock XFX version (per the model #) for $534, free shipping (they wanted $8 for shipping insurance though but I did it, worth the peace of mind). It ships from CA so it's cross-country for me and I'll be waiting a few days extra (coulda gone with overnight for $27.50 but it just didn't seem worth it... maybe I'll get lucky and it'll come quicker :p). I'm happy enough... there's a restock fee if I for some reason don't like it but, I was about to plunk down the difference practically at newegg anyway for the "black" version. I figure if I like it (which I'm sure I will) I end up ahead, if I don't I end up a little behind...

EDIT: Already shows out of stock now, heh.

wow $534. actually under msrp, there's a find.

Well the black edition I just grabbed has been "charged". We'll wait to see how long for a tracking number now. I hope it's not delayed...

I just got in on the amazon 1, ill pay 6hundo, screw it... i cant stand having to wonder and wonder.

I just got in on the amazon 1, ill pay 6hundo, screw it... i cant stand having to wonder and wonder.

Hmmm faced with the choice of risking getting backordered and waiting a week vs. paying extra and getting it overnighted from amazon basically guaranteed I just opted to cancel the NCIX order. I was very impressed with their CSR though and will definitely use them for future orders in general. I wasn't sure what to expect originally.

Thanks for posting that link... since I submitted my payment with paypal to NCIXUS I was just worried it might get bounced based on timing of payment compared to other people's (there was a gap of about 15 minutes between the two... during which I think it went to "out of stock").

Anyone getting newegg tracking numbers yet? My XFX BE was ordered at 6:15 PM EST so I'm thinking I'll get one, but hasn't shipped yet. Still early in CA though.

I snuck in on one of the Newegg cards earlier that, by some miracle, came back in stock for a second. Obviously I powered through checkout as fast as I could click, and in doing so I'm not sure if I entered my CVV correctly. Pretty sure I entered the last digit wrong. In any event, it went through without a hitch and my order's marked as Charged (successfully) and the charge went through when I check my credit card. So... really crossing my fingers here that it ships.

Speaking of Amazon, I wonder if my submission to their "see a lower price?" feature of newegg's link before helped get 'em down, haha :p.

Wow, amazon status is already on "shipping soon" now :eek:.

EDIT: Changed back magically to "not yet shipped", now I'm worried.

Back