7X.XX Nvidia Driver SLI Problems

starfury6

Limp Gawd
These 71.60 beta drivers are the 3rd 7X.XX series drivers I have used for my SLI rig (now I have the thing going finally) and I am experiencing a weird problem.

The drivers install properly and with no issues, and I am able to adjust the frequencies with no problems (unlike the 71.84 drivers which give me 'the test failed at the set frequency, reduce your timings', even when I underclock the 2d) but, and I know it's only synthetic but 3dmark05 is the staple test for a system these days and that's what I'm having trouble with (same at 71.84's and another 7x.xx series I tried). When I start 3dmark05 the first 2 game demos, Return to Proxycon and the Firefly thing run fine but as soon as the 3rd one, the airship, cuts in I get lots of flickering all over the place. The temps aren't a problem, nothing is overclocked and it's not tearing or flashing textures so I am assuming it's a driver error. The game demo 3 must be doing something else to the 6800 Ultra GPU that the first 2 don't.

I haven't seen anyone else with the problem though.

Anyone?

I'll tell you what I tell anyone having problems using beta drivers: try the official driver release and see if you still have the problem. Remember, you're using beta drivers here.

I know you're right. Might wait until the new officials come out, they can't be long with all the 7x.xx series beta's floating around.

I take it you haven't had this problem?

No, but I also only have one 6800gt. :) Getting a second one soon though to play around. I have had my share of problems with the beta drivers, however, and decided it just wasn't worth it and to wait for officials to be released. Running the 66.93s right now and I'm quite happy.

Think I'll give the current officials a go tonight. Doesn't take long to change drivers these days.

Thanks Doc.

Anyone else who has the problem, I'd like to know it's not me though!

Try a WHQL certified Beta driver. I use the 71.81's and they worked fine with SLI and overclocking. I had similar issues with other beta drivers, so these are the only ones that work for me.

best ones yet but i still seem to get a couple of probs here and there.

N1 thanks for the suggestion.

starfury6 said:
best ones yet but i still seem to get a couple of probs here and there.

N1 thanks for the suggestion.
You could try the new officials that were released today.

i already tried the 71.84's before they were whql certified. They were not very good at all.

Back