80 % of all 6800 ULTRAS using 2.0 ns memory???

I also have a BFG Ultra - I'd guess someone would have said by now if there was some way of testing the performance of the memory in software, without taking the card to bits.

I'm now quite keen to know if my card has the 'premium' memory or not.

Ok looks like Im going to have to take apart my board to see what memory it has in it. Called EVGA and they were pretty sure it had 1.6ns but could not confirm it. I guess Ill have to check it the manual way..

If you can wait a while, my evga ultra should be here monday. The rest of my system will not though :( Once I get the rest of the system and test it to be sure its not a dud, i'll pull the heatsink off and check (going to WC anyway).

well my eVGA Ultra memory is doing 1.25 right now and it's not maxed...so I dunno...

I'd have to see a lot of other eVGA Ultra memory overclocks, but Im pretty sure they are useing 1.6ns memory. Because they were one of the last companies to start shipping them.

Also, how many 2.0ns modules can do 1.25? Seriously, I haven't really done my research on this but im assuming not many can....

Guys,

Anyone with EVGA Ultra's please post your memory overclock. Mine is doing 1250, not maxed.

I think by determining the average overclock on the memory will help determine the memory used. I don't want to take off my heatsink cause Im gonna use their Step it Up program later this quarter. (October-ish)

ill check mine (eVGA) now and report back in a little while.

put it to 1.2 and played about 15mins of farcry, and about an hour of doom with no issue. ill try higher later.

my evga ultra just got here today, although not sure when I'll be able to put it in the new system (which isn't all here yet). I'm thinking it would have issues with my 300W psu in my current PC. Hopefully this weekend I'll have it up and running on air for testing, then move it to water (and peek at the RAM :))

Thanks to ATI nVidia have access to 1.6 ns memory :) ATI helped producing them I think.

Assuming no leaks in the water setup, I'll do my air testing tomorrow morning, water in the afternoon. Anyone know what kind of marking I should look for?

http://www.evga.com/community/messa...800+ultra?&Forum_Title=GeForce+6+Family+Forum

Hello all, I’ve been lurking here for a little bit and decided I’d post this over at the eVGA forums.

On my eVGA ultra I can run 1250 all day long in doom3, aquamark3, UT2004, 3dmark03, and 3dmark01 without any artifacts. I have pushed the memory as high as 1300, but I seem to get some artifacts in 3dmark03's nature test (mostly the turtle's shell) in aquamark3 however there are no artifacts at 1300..

I am still thinking about water-cooling my Ultra at some point, so I'll look at the memory when I pull off the stock heat sink, but I feel pretty confident that the memory is indeed 1.6ns. I also owned an eVGA 6800GT before I traded up for this card. With that one I had a hard time pushing the memory beyond 1100.

I couldn't help myself. I pulled the heat sink off and looked at the ram chips. The part numbers on the chips are hard to make out, but they are 1.6ns units based on the last portion of the part number.

eVGA 6800 ultra = 1.6ns ram.

-Nathan

Back