802.11b USB adapters for macs

T-Bird 151

2[H]4U
Everytime that I go to a store looking for a wifi adapter that might be compatible with macs, I come up short handed. See, I never got the bluetooth/wifi upgrade for my mini cause I thought I could find something...I know they make bluetooth adapters in USB flavor, but what about wifi adapters.

Any help??

Dlink DWL-122 is a USB 802.11b dongle, comes with an OSX and OS9 driver.

edit: And holy crap, you're in Pittsburgh too.

there's always the airport/blutooth module from apple. little more expensive, but oem fit and finish.

Yeah, it may just be worth going to an Apple store/reseller and paying the $99 for the BT/Airport upgrade kit. (which they have to install)

Hmm, if it is only $99 I may have to check it out. Gonna do some research to see if $99 is the overall price (including install).

Yes, I am from Pittsburgh. Used to run a LAN group called SCOGP (Steel City Online Game Players). My friend and I are thinking about starting it back up again if you're looking for a place to game.

the 100 bucks does not include install. I'm not sure what the apple store charges to install them. Compusa charges 30 bucks if you want them to do it. Hell they may sell it to you without making them install it. If you want usb belking has like 2 or 3 models that work usb in os10. You just need to check the belkin website to figure out which ones have drivers. I bought one from compusa like 3 months ago that would work. The sad thing is the belkin box does not list support so you have to know which model you are looking for.

T-Bird 151 said:
Hmm, if it is only $99 I may have to check it out. Gonna do some research to see if $99 is the overall price (including install).

Yes, I am from Pittsburgh. Used to run a LAN group called SCOGP (Steel City Online Game Players). My friend and I are thinking about starting it back up again if you're looking for a place to game.

Sounds good. Generally you can get the Dlink thing for like $5 or $10 after rebate, which beats the hell out of $100.

dwl-G122 on sale at compusa
make sure u get rev b1 or b2 as the A versions don't work....

Back