80c Full Load 3570k

deeplove

Limp Gawd
Hi all. I just got me a 3570k and it's on stock speeds and fan. I'm folding right now and for the most part of the day it's been hovering around 80c full load. Is this ok? I will be getting a cooler for it but now I'm broke. Oh, the rig is not in a case. It's on the mobo box.

Yes it is ok, verge of too high, but not enough to do any damage. Your heatsink is probably not seated very well. Take it off, clean it and reapply paste or if you are using the stock heatsink, you could get a new one for better cooling.

I agree, it seems awfully high being stock speeds and open air, maybe it's not seated correctly

Do you have a motherboard cutout. Can you check to see if the pins pushed all the way through.

Not surprised with the stock cooler. TJMax is 105C so you're still a good bit under that.

Well, I got up at 5am and just said to hell with it. I transferred over the 3570k into my case and took the 555BE out. I have my V6GT CM cooler on it now and it's at 56c %100 load. Of course, that's on 1 fan only. I have to go get the 2nd one. So, I guess those are now acceptable temps. Should come down a little more once I get the 2nd fan.

I would check to make sure that the HSF (heatsink/fan) is seated right. Easy way with the stock cooler is to reach to each of the twist clips and see if you can pull them straight up. If you can pull any of them up the HSF wasnt seated well and you need to reseat it.

I run right at 80C on my Intel® Core™ i5-3570K at 4.3GHz with the Corsair H100.

Hi all. I just got me a 3570k and it's on stock speeds and fan. I'm folding right now and for the most part of the day it's been hovering around 80c full load. Is this ok? I will be getting a cooler for it but now I'm broke. Oh, the rig is not in a case. It's on the mobo box.

What is the terminal temperatire for the 3570k? My x980 terminal is 95C. But I am using an aftermarket cooler and I hover at the low 50s with hyperthreading enabled when I am using prime95. I would seriously invest in a high grade after market cooler. Last thing you want it thermal throttling when you're gaming.

Terminal temp? No one but Intel knows that, but it will throttle at 105C

Back