81.87 beta drivers

Yeah, I think I'd have to play one of those specifc games that had a fix to make me try it. Haven't gotten into FEAR yet, and with Civ IV on it's way, I might not have the time. :) Looks like it might be a good thing for COD2 though.

I am more interesed in the 6.70 Nforce4 chipset drivers than these video drivers. :)

64-bit vid drivers working good ..CS:S "seems" smoother

unfortunately no numbers to throw at anybody so my "seems" review is pretty much useless to the masses ..off to play FEAR and see how that fairs

:)

I installed them. They seem to be working fine. I haven't done a huge amount of gaming on them, and I haven't checked to see if they solve my Guild Wars problems, but no major side-effects yet. I'll test them a little more extensively when I get home from work today. I'd say they pass the smoke test though. I also installed the new 6.70 chipset drivers, and haven't noticed any problems with these either yet. I'll post again when I run some games. (Q4, F.E.A.R. and GW will be the first things I check.)

I installed the chipset drivers last night and they seem soilid.

video drivers do indeed stop the restart messages on sli.
apart from that have not really looked into it.
f

I installed them and tryed the call of duty 2 demo and it seems to be the same for me, about 30fps at 1680x 1050 with everything on max

These drivers run perfectly fine, picked up about 4 to 6 FPS in COD2, BF2, Quake4, SOF2 Multiplayer, Black and White 2, Fable, F.E.A.R., and Tiger Woods 06 all run great on my system, so far no reboots lockups or shadow bugs. Nice Beta release to say the least. Im not used to all these Nvidia Driver updates so frequently its a welcome site :p

Is the issue of getting a resolution bug when watching video overlay (e.g. windows media player) with Java/Azerues fixed?

Do the custom colour profiles save properly as part of a game profile and stay working even after a restart.

I refuse to "upgrade" my drivers anymore, until these 2 bugs are fixed.

revenant said:
I installed the chipset drivers last night and they seem soilid.

I take it all back... whoa... I had not rebooted after the initial "reboot now for changes to take effect" and wow... I did tonight and my machine would GPF every time the audio driver would load.. I tried cleaning the 6.70s out, but I could not seem to get rid of the problem... after fussing with it for a while, I tried a system restore, and that didn't work because I think I had messged with some of the directory homes of some of the files system restore may have wanted around to finish... so wiped it and started over... I has just loaded the OS on monday so it was not that big of a deal... I think maybe these issues could be isolated to MSI Neo4 plat peeps, because of the onboard live24bit... maybe... who knows... I'm going to run with the 6.66s until further notice. lol. whew.

I haven't run into that problem on my A8N, so it could be an MSI thing. I did have Windows freeze during boot during the driver uninstall, install, reboot process twice, but once I got it back into Windows after everything was installed, it hasn't done it since. I know by saying this, I'm just asking for trouble, but I haven't seen my bluescreen problem since updating to 6.70 and 81.87. I did get tossed out of Quake IV once, but that was after about 3 hours of continuous play with a few things running in the background. (so I doubt it was any big deal)

revenant said:
I take it all back... whoa... I had not rebooted after the initial "reboot now for changes to take effect" and wow... I did tonight and my machine would GPF every time the audio driver would load.. I tried cleaning the 6.70s out, but I could not seem to get rid of the problem... after fussing with it for a while, I tried a system restore, and that didn't work because I think I had messged with some of the directory homes of some of the files system restore may have wanted around to finish... so wiped it and started over... I has just loaded the OS on monday so it was not that big of a deal... I think maybe these issues could be isolated to MSI Neo4 plat peeps, because of the onboard live24bit... maybe... who knows... I'm going to run with the 6.66s until further notice. lol. whew.

glad you posted that I was going to try the new ones, and I certainly wouldnt have been happy if I lost all of my files

again thanks for posting

hey - no worries. I wanted to post that as soon as I could validate that it was not a bad live chip on my mobo... Man, what a night I had. I tried endlessly to clean out the new chipset drivers, in safe mode with driver cleaner, then as soon as I booted back into reg mode, winblows would find all the devices and load up the drivers again before I could even double click on the old chipset package... it was a PITA. By the time the old 6.66 rev finished installing I was not sure what driver was on what, because windows was trying to load the drivers it was finding on the disk inbetween the package installs... what a mess... needless to say, backing out chipset driver installs like that is messy. I should have just done a system restore right off the bat... oh dwell. I took this opportunity to create a DVD full of drivers and utitls for a complete install to the level where I can use the machine for benching and gaming without even going on the net... well, except for DX9 and SP2. and some hot fixes.

Blah... I so did not get any sleep last night... thank god for espresso. :)

I havent had any issues with the 87s. I had a very slight performance decrease in CSS Stress (155 fps, down from 156), but everything else runs great, esp CoD2 which is night and day better than the demo in terms of performance.

Back