84.56 WHQL 32 and 64 bit available

I get about 500 less points in 3DMark05 compared to 81.98.

Haven't tried anything else yet.

Lazy_Moron said:
Why did EVGA release them?
Um, because nvidia released the WHQL drivers to OEMs and card manufacturers like they often do.

These seem good to me. Got basically the same 3DMark'06, and 78,081 AquaMark3 (XFX 7900GT extreme + X2 3800+). Don't recall what I had on AM3 but it's the same ballpark.

(anyone with older drivers might want to run/check their old AquaMark3 Occlusion score against the new and see if the dual-core optimizations shows up there)

pigpen said:
exactly. i'm still on 77.77

I doubt the 77.77 would support my card...
And I would miss out on bug-fixes, purevideo enhancements ect.

Terra - What card do you have?

Will have to test these with Oblivion. Lets hope they can boost performance a little...

Anyone know what's up with UT2004 + SLI + Vsync? I can't seem to get vsync to work in UT2004 even though it's clearly enabled in ut2004.ini. SLI vsync is supposed to be fixed with this (and apparently some older) driver releases. Vsync works fine with my other games, just not in UT2004.

Someone see how they do in Oblivion compared to older drivers. I'll bet that they added more fixes or performance enhancements or something.

Going back to the beta's from nZone.com(84.43) as this 100% fucks up my TV-out.

Terra...

Terra said:
Going back to the beta's from nZone.com(84.43) as this 100% fucks up my TV-out.

Terra...
UGGGH stop signing your damn posts, thats the point of a USERNAME.

Anyway, I find it odd that these would be released to OEMs before being posted on nVidias own site. I'll wait for nVidias official versions.

AppaYipYip said:
Anyway, I find it odd that these would be released to OEMs before being posted on nVidias own site. I'll wait for nVidias official versions.
nvidia only posts complete driver sets (TNT-GF 7). As I mentioned in the first post, these drivers are a WHQL release for the GF 6 and GF 7 series.

These kinds of driver updates are common. nvidia may only post 81.98 WHQL then jump to 84.20/84.21 WHQL, but OEMs and card manufacturers have received (32-bit):
82.65 WHQL
83.40 WHQL
83.62 WHQL (Quadro only)
84.26 WHQL
84.30 WHQL
84.37 WHQL
and now 84.56 WHQL

None of those are beta drivers, which I don't bother with.

AppaYipYip said:
UGGGH stop signing your damn posts, thats the point of a USERNAME.

Terra's been a good contributor to this forum for much longer than you have - go kick your dog or something instead of being angry in the forum.

pxc answered the last part, so there's no more to add here.

My quick testing:

84256zq.png

3DMark06 default 1280x1024 benchmark

90.7fps
Quake 4 1600x1200 HQ, 4xAA, 16xAF, guru3d timedemo

84561py.png

3DMark06 default 1280x1024 benchmark

90.8fps
Quake 4 1600x1200 HQ, 4xAA, 16xAF, guru3d timedemo

And yep, regular TV out has the aspect ratio badly distorted. I didn't test HDTV out. I don't see any other problems so far so i'm keeping these.

I don't see what's wrong with someone (Terra) putting her name under the post, most people don't use thier name in thier alias. What's to tell from my name or some of these others that have very creative but anonymous post names. Just an observation, not trying to knock anyone y'all.

Since there are no avatars, there's no real good fast way to keep track of users. ;)

Do these work on non-eVGA cards? I'd think they do, but just want to make sure.

BriSleep said:
I don't see what's wrong with someone (Terra) putting her name under the post, most people don't use thier name in thier alias. What's to tell from my name or some of these others that have very creative but anonymous post names. Just an observation, not trying to knock anyone y'all.

If you change "her" to "his" I like your post :p *L*

Terra...

General Crespin said:
Since there are no avatars, there's no real good fast way to keep track of users. ;)

Do these work on non-eVGA cards? I'd think they do, but just want to make sure.

I have a Gainward 7800GS, worked fine, excpet they &%¤#"? my TV-out, and that is a no-no for my current use :)

Terra...

Terra said:
I have a Gainward 7800GS, worked fine, excpet they &%¤#"? my TV-out, and that is a no-no for my current use :)

Yeah I got the same error when I installed the 84.56 driver with my 7900GT. I was getting stretched output when outputting just my regular desktop and strange glitches/corruptions while playing back video on my TV.

So went back to the 84.43s and waiting to see a fix for this. I'm tempted to try NGO's modded 84.56 drivers but I have a hunch they will have the same problem.

Interestingly the 84.56 drivers were the first that actually installed without Windows XP complaining about possible incompatibilities, at least for me.

The_Dark_Abyss said:
Interestingly the 84.56 drivers were the first that actually installed without Windows XP complaining about possible incompatibilities, at least for me.

Okay, I have never had any NVIDIA drvers tell me that?

Terra...

I tried them and my FPS dropped by half in FEAR (from average of 120fps to 60fps) to where it was almost unplayable with dual 7900GTX SLI setup, so I went back to 84.43's that work fine for me with all my games. :eek: :(

The_Dark_Abyss said:
Well usually non WHQL certified drivers will do that . . .

Ahh...now I get it ;) *L*
It dosn't say that wording in danish, so I was a bit miffled ;)

Terra - Stupid me ;) *L*

Hrmm...so still no tests for Oblivion?

I figure I can do some, but I need to keep the tests consistent. Is there a way to record time demos in Oblivion? Cuz otherwise I have no idea how I'd keep my tests consistent.

Mav451 said:

I figure I can do some, but I need to keep the tests consistent. Is there a way to record time demos in Oblivion? Cuz otherwise I have no idea how I'd keep my tests consistent.

That would be a no AFAIK....

Terra - No timedemo...

Couldn't use them on MCE, the TV output wouldn't work. x64 and x32 seem OK, but the NGO 'optimized' version caused some weird screen slowdowns as the screen scrolled up or down. I got a nice increase to 90fps from 85 in the HL2 Lost Coast stress test (x64).

Mav451 said:

Well from a purely subjective point of view, Oblivion is running better, smoother higher framerates, than the latest driver release for me.

I was running 84.43 before.

Weazmeister said:
Well from a purely subjective point of view, Oblivion is running better, smoother higher framerates, than the latest driver release for me.

Interesting...thanks for the input. Perhaps I will need to try this later...gotta 20pager to finish :)

Weazmeister said:

Maybe it's just an unconscious bias from the result of installing new drivers? I know cause I usually see the same thing when I install new drivers. :p

The_Dark_Abyss said:
Maybe it's just an unconscious bias from the result of installing new drivers? I know cause I usually see the same thing when I install new drivers. :p

Yeah, ones eyes are a poor meter...
Fraps does so much better ;)

Terra...

The_Dark_Abyss said:

Nope, I run Fraps on Oblivion and I can see the fps all day long.

Back