8600GTS instock

ascarytiger

Weaksauce
Hey,

I work at Best Buy (USA) and just saw that we have the 8600GTS (PNY) in stock. They are going for $249.

675MHz core clock
2000 MHz memory clock (effective)

Cheers

Yeah, someone mentioned this yesterday. He was offering to pick one up and ship if anyone was interested. I don't remember which BBY he works at- where are you?

It's not at BBY.com yet, which is another way you can tell they've jumped the gun.

Hey,

I work at Best Buy (USA)

My condolences!

and just saw that we have the 8600GTS (PNY) in stock. They are going for $249.

How much of a performance difference would there be between this and a 8800 GTS? I'm seeing a bunch of 8800 GTS cards available for a few more dollars.

My condolences!

How much of a performance difference would there be between this and a 8800 GTS? I'm seeing a bunch of 8800 GTS cards available for a few more dollars.

8600gts is really slow compared to 8800gts. So don't even think about buying one.

I hate them also. It sucks letting them hold onto your money for a month or so and not even getting intrest.

who cares b/c w/out the MIR the price of the 8800gts is still worth it considering the performance gain over the 8600gts. (assuming we know the true specs of the 8600gts)

lol... I posted the same thing... except tonight at Best Buy in CA we have the BFG one instock and on the shelves... I was thinking to myself... "hmm... I thought the 8600GT release date was later on...)...

lol BB.
Don't worry, other places like Newegg will have it for cheaper. I've seen places like these charge over $200 for an x800.

There's more to videocards than just clocks, my friend :)

Exactly. If the clocks are that close, I wanted a source backing up your claim that the 8600GTS was so much worse. There wasn't any real information backing up your claim that it wasn't as powerful.

I found one for you, 96 vs 32 stream processors (universal shaders) c/o of ocworkbench.com

Back