8800 + Far Cry Question

I would like to know too. I read somewhere on another board that you have to use the beta 1.4 patch. I haven't tried that yet but I have tried the latest and the 69.94 drivers and they both produce a "wall hack" effect with the walls disapearing with HDR enabled. Far cry was the first game that I was going to play after getting my 8800 and now I have this problem. I hope somebody can help us. I found this on google but Im at work and cant try it. It is a review that mentions using the beta patch to get hdr and aa working together but doesn't give specifics

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache...00+HDR+aa+beta+patch&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

It does work with a 5mb patch just tried it out with 4x AA +HDR
Guru3d Has the Patch
after downloading overwrite the files in the FarCry directory

To enable HDR+FSAA...
1) Copy/overwrite the files to your existing Farcry game.
2) Start the game and Select your desired FSAA mode (2-4-6) in the Farcry video menu.
3) Go to the console (~) and...
- type \r_FSAA 2
press Enter
- type \r_HDRRendering 1-11 ("7" looks best, "2" is also nice and has better performance)
again press Enter, leave the console (~) and enjoy!!!

Definately works.
I'm comparing pics now.
I would post them but I run natively at 1680x1050 thats a bit large to be posting :p
Oh well wth.

Without HDR
With HDR

Thanks Silverback that worked. But now I have encountered the infinite ammo bug. I read that installing a mod will fix this but I would like to keep the default weapon and ai values because I haven't finished the game yet or at least as close as I can as possible. Do you have any recomendations or do you know of a fix?

I read that a guy named doc made an ammo fix but I can't locate it.

I may be wrong , but I thought you could only have infinite ammo if -devmode was enabled.
If thats true , dunno, just disable it.

Back