8800 GT single slot design good for SFF?

I was just about to post the same question. OC'd, it is looking to be close to same processing power as GTX but two on SLI would consume less power than one GTX. May be cheaper than the GTS too... Looks like a very tempting build for a shuttle!

it should fit not problems i a P2 chassis, but if you've got a G5, i know some video cards had problems because the card's fan would be pointing right towards the wall of the case cover.

In my SN27P2, I currently have an 8800 GTS 640mb, and it works well, but it's taking up two slots. I think this 8800GT will work wonders for the single slots, and seems like a good clock.

I would be concerned about the additional heat output of the 8800GT in the SFF envelope. In its current incarnation, one would definitively need some type of slot exhaust fan or LianLi BS-03. I look forward to a dual slot option to lower thermal footprint.

"Eat up less power" is one thing, but with a TDP of 110w for a *standard* (non-OCd) unit, I'm really skeptical these will fit in a G5's power envelope.

"Recall, 250w PSU with ~75% efficiency = only 187w available. "

Wait... is this some crazy power supply that is not rated on power output? Usually a 250W PSU will draw 333watts from the wall and provide its rated 250Watts... unless this is some backwards ass PSU you're talking about.

"Recall, 250w PSU with ~75% efficiency = only 187w available. "

Wait... is this some crazy power supply that is not rated on power output? Usually a 250W PSU will draw 333watts from the wall and provide its rated 250Watts... unless this is some backwards ass PSU you're talking about.

Actually, I think I'm wrong on this. Repeating information I'd read in a few places, but upon doing some research on this, can't find anything to back this up.

So...yeah, go ahead and ignore me. :D 8800GT should be rocking in these systems!

Back