8800 gts and Nautilus

stca16

Limp Gawd
As per my sig I have the corsair nautilus wc setup that i am extrememly happy with, and as I am not after EXTREME overclocking i was wondering if it could handle my 2 8800 gts's and my cpu at its present speed. And also where the heck can i get waterblocks for these cards?

Uhm...

I doubt it really... That's like 200w of heat output for the cards alone.

As for the blocks, right now you need the Swiftech MCW60 waterblock, with the G80 holdown kit, and a LOT of ramsinks lol...

The kit is rated to remove 500w of heat, so it should work. The main problem is you'll need a G80-compatible waterblock.

And also a lot of ram sinks. Like 50+ ramsinks? You'll have to use them on all the ram chips, and on the stand-alone logic piece off to the side.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. the G80s run nice and quiet with the factory cooler. No need to spend all that money and time to mess with something just to do what, overclock the fastest cards on the planet? Why bother?

For a GTS you need 15 ramsinks :)

So, that's 30 for the setup in SLI, or like 5 packs...

And the nautilus is rated for 500w of heat (and I doubt this to a certain extent), but I can't imagine it being any quieter than the stock GPU fans.

To dissipate that much heat, the nautilus would probably need so much airflow (a different fan) that it wouldn't be worth the noise. IMO.

Really, these are the best nVidia cards I've ever used... They're perfect in almost all regards.

Errr you dont need any ramsinks, just use the DangerDen 8800GTX waterblock.

I'd have to guess it doesn't fit due to all the vReg circuitry,

And anyways, I think the RAMDAC is positionned differently...

Back