8800 GTS price drop?

[CaM]Spoon

Limp Gawd
Just wondering if these video cards are going to get a price drop?
Im deciding if I should by this used one for 300cdn dollers which is the 320 mb version.
Im hearing they wont make them soon and wonder if price is gonna drop anyway?
Will the prices ever drop as to me 300 is really expensive to play games and really looking at benchmarks 8800 is what you need to play these games.
Im using a 2600xt and its awful.

$300? you should be able to get a used 640mb version for that price, especially considering the CDN dollar is worth more than the US dollar right now....

$300? you should be able to get a used 640mb version for that price, especially considering the CDN dollar is worth more than the US dollar right now....

You know you would think that. But our distributers are gougers and jackasses and screw us over royally. Id LOVE to be able to order from the Egg and have them ship to Canada on the cheap, but I'd still pay taxes and possibly import fees. Canada doesn't have a good dollar, the US has a poor dollar thats really all it is.

So just remember, Canadian prices include a heavy gouge from the distribution channels.

You know you would think that. But our distributers are gougers and jackasses and screw us over royally. Id LOVE to be able to order from the Egg and have them ship to Canada on the cheap, but I'd still pay taxes and possibly import fees. Canada doesn't have a good dollar, the US has a poor dollar thats really all it is.

So just remember, Canadian prices include a heavy gouge from the distribution channels.

I live in Canada as well and yah I know the distributors here rape us, however you were talking about buying a used card. So you could buy a used 640mb card off the forum for about $300 US, and considering ~90%+ people that sell here are americans, they are going to want US money, which is a benefit for us Canadians right now. And yah I realize the US dollar is weak right now making the CDN dollar worth more, I dont think I stated that the CDN dollar is stronger than it usually is, its just worth more than the US.

-Foz

If the recent past is any indication, prices might drop in the run-up to the new cards, but then they'll actually go up as the old cards get harder to find and people still want them to add another for SLI. Remember how the 7900 GT was cheaper and slightly better than the 7800 GTX and the 7800's price never dropped to make up the difference? I would expect a similar situation here.

Thanks so much guys.
I never see anyone sell them for that cheap though. I would be really lucky to pick it up for 250. Dont know why people sell them for cheap here.

Back