8800 GTX & GTS Crashing

Not even Auto stops it. I'm pretty sure it's a driver thing. Or my card is screwed. (And so is my roommate's. But only in certain games. Wha?)

I've managed to solve my problems!
Here's the last 3 steps I did. Any one of them could have solved it, so you can narrow it down if you like.
(And my RAM's at 4-4-3-7 at 1t! Now for my proc... 3.0 so far...)
1. Update XP video driver to beta 100.95s.
2. Upgraded my board firmware to the newly released 1004 (Striker Extreme)
3. Put my RAM's voltage to 2.2. Apperantly my board had it at 1.82 or some crap. I bet this was the one that did it.

WOO HOO! I played DDO for a solid 3 hours and not a bug in sight. Now tomorrow I install my EVGA ACS3 8800 GTX. Meh. I may not need it anymore, but it's a bit faster.

WOO HOO AGAIN! I'm so bloody happy!

I was having issues with my BFG 8800GTS 640 OC and vista 32bit... performance was fine, but opening movie files in WMP would cause a full crash about 20% of the time (no video signal, full shutdown, no restart) and I got the same crash in certain games that would always occur at or near the same point in the game(s).

I installed the beta 101.41 drivers and its been smooth sailing since, so they might be worth a try if you are encountering similar crashes:)

Hi!

I used to have a problem with geforce 8800GTS and windows XP with crashes and bluescreen. 3dmark06 with 2560 x 1600 resolution would crash in 5-20 minutes. I also had problems with various games crashing. The thing that was causing problems was overclocking with rivatuner! Only needed to tick the box "allow overclocking..." and all hell broke loose. With atitool everything is working fine now. The card idles at 65 degrees (fan 1400rpm) and spinning the furbox in atitool gets temps to 84-85 (fan 1800rpm). The fan is at auto mode. Seems that the auto mode fan works nice, as it doesn't let temps above 86, just spins the fan as fast as it needs to maintain temps at under 86.

Okay, it did it for one day. A few days later, I had the dreaded CPU INIT error on the Striker Extreme. I had to take one stick of RAM, put it in the last slot and redo my settings. Then put the RAM back. I loaded my saved BIOS profile and... It's not working again.
DAMMIT!
All the settings are back! Voltage, everything! Crashes in NWN2, Oblivion, DDO & LotRO.
I'm about to smash this damned board... Any ideas? (I'm not overclocking any parts...)

Back