8800GT loses monitor signal randomly during gaming. Help!

tgscordv6

n00b
The card is a XFX Alphadog 512mb and I am running it with a Corsair HX520. I am using a VGA-DVI adapter. The monitor will randomly loses it's signal and regains it within a second. This will usually happen in dark areas of TF2 maps. I have tried different drivers, but the problem always return. :(

I have a friend having the exact same issue with a leadtek 8800GTS 640. He just randomly will lose video and then it returns. I havent talked to him in while to see if he got it fixed or not but will check with him. Is the problem only when gaming?

Copyright: i noticed it would also happen on some webpages, particularly the ones with a black or dark background.

Backlash: I am currently on XP SP2.

I had the same problem with the Soyo 24" monitor frequently metioned on the Hot Deals forum.

I returned that monitor, bought a different one and didn't have the problem again. The problem might be the monitor.

Same problem on BFG 8800GTS 512mb, even when I got the card at stock it does it.

The problem is HEAT. The G92 is getting too hot, it can cause blackouts, and also some "tearing" or what looks like horizontal noise lines as if the cable were bad.

Even though the GPU temp is fine, the TMDS circuit is inside the G92 now and it seems to have more sensitivity to heat than the rest of the core's functions.

Temp solution is to bump your fan speed up higher, and make sure you are getting good airflow around the card.

Longterm solution is better than stock cooling. This became especially an issue for me when I mod'd the bios to increase the Vcore with the little trick to get another .1V out of it. It definitely helped my overclock, but the blackouts and noise came with it.

The card is a XFX Alphadog 512mb and I am running it with a Corsair HX520. I am using a VGA-DVI adapter. The monitor will randomly loses it's signal and regains it within a second. This will usually happen in dark areas of TF2 maps. I have tried different drivers, but the problem always return. :(

Same card, same issue. Just reduce your OC and it will help.

Back