8800GT on ECS 6100sm-m board performs poorly???

Thanks for the input, tried the drivers and they help, but pc is still crashing. i picked up a corsair hx620w psu and still got the same problem. i think this problem is not new or even related to my video card or psu

i remember when i first got the opteron 170 (dual core chip) it has worked fine so long as both cores don't get maxed out in utilization as before i upgraded this card i mostly have been playing games that do not support using both cores, and as long as they don't my system is completely stable.

If i run something that will max out my system like nvidias stress test or say 2 instances of the game eve online (in classic gfx mode eve is highly CPU Dependant game and you can easily run mutiple instances of it even on a single core cpu, but dual core has its advantages obviously) the computer does crash, but how long it lasts can vary alot and sometimes it wont even crash . the nvidia test definately makes it crash consistantly though in less than 30 min always

this problem is odd, perhaps some kind of incompatiblity in my old outdated motherboard but from what i read it could also be due to running 4 sticks of ram, my ram has passed 10 hours of memtest86+ with no errors though so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it. but i think ill pull out 2 of them and see if it can run the nvidia stress test for an hour and go from there

anyone ever had issues running a dual core a64 or opty in an abit an8 sli ? i cant seem to find much on the internet with regards to the compatibilty with the board and my chip (denmark core)

update: i discovered that there was a newer bios for my mainboard (rev 21) i was using rev 20, and according to abit's site 20 is the latest for the an8 sli, but on their own ftp 21 is the latest one on there so i flashed it and have not crashed yet lasted nvidia stress test for 1 hour so i think my problem is gone hopefully

Back