8800GT - Release Times Today

20% OVER MSRP = nice find....NO. paying MSRP is bad enough, anything over that is retarded, more so for a non high end part. if you have good credit you can open up an amazon.com visa account and get a PNY 8800GT for $220 after $30 credit. its on pre order but price is good so i dont care.

NCIX sucks tbh, I have yet to get a confirm call for my " four digit code and i placed an order on tuesday. Tried to call sales today and waited on hold for 10mins and said please leave a message WTF! Why do you need to call my damn cell phone when you have my credit card info and address and shit. Jesus never going to deal with them again if they dont get my stuff straightened out tomorrow.

If your billing address is the same as your shipping address, the callback isn't needed. That's what they told me, at any rate.

I wouldn't buy from RipBoomLie based off my own experiences and MANY others... they're down to 6.65 score now :eek: . ESPECIALLY on a hot item like this, you're just asking for trouble.

Just got my PNY 8800 GT from teh ZipZoom. I bought my whole system build from ZipZoom. No tax. Cheap shipping. Perfect!

As a side note, I just downloaded and played Crysis for the first time. I wanted to see what all the hub-bub was about. Man, what a nice game. I'm about ready to pull my 8800 GT listing from ebay and go SLi....

Just got two EVGA 8800gt's, cant wait. They should hold me off until some real shit hits the fan :)

It's simply insane and unacceptable that Newegg is charging $299.99 to $319.99 for a card that was designed and sole existence is to fit in the $199-249 price range.

It's simply insane and unacceptable that Newegg is charging $299.99 to $319.99 for a card that was designed and sole existence is to fit in the $199-249 price range.

Its not really newegg. The average price is $270 for non OC version.

Got my eVGA SC from Clubit.com today

GOnna compare it vs the ultras in similar systems - maybe the same system, just swap out cards

Going to use actual in-game benchmarks to get a real idea on how performance is... unlike the biased 3dm06

All models are available on evga.com including SSC 700MHz

It's true! and *IN STOCK*

I will not be building my system till mid month so I will wait and try to order from newegg once they get them... I hope that is not a mistake..

It's true! and *IN STOCK*

I will not be building my system till mid month so I will wait and try to order from newegg once they get them... I hope that is not a mistake..

Ok I changed my mind, in for one :-o

Wow EVGA's shopping cart system is awful... Especially when trying to use a different shipping / billing address.. I will call Monday to confirm everything.

This is why I considered waiting for Newegg. You get used to their level of service.

jumped in as well.
too bad they wont process any orders till monday. (8:30pm friday now)

but we do get quake wars with it. cool.

Wow if your sig is up to date your computer is even more in need of an upgrade than mine! Enjoy your new card. Cheers!

Wow if your sig is up to date your computer is even more in need of an upgrade than mine! Enjoy your new card. Cheers!

Haha, holy Crap... t-bird... that has to be a bogus sig or you're in need of some serious work :eek:

I just picked up the BFG 8800 GT OC from bestbuy...god i love that discount

Tbird...wow lol

I thought I needed a upgrade. 2600+xp with 1gb ram.

Just ordered my new system today, core 2 duo 2.6ghz, 4gb ram, MSI 8800GT. Can't wait to run bf2 on max settings. :D

blah bestbuy is sold out of them... hmmm anyone know of anywhere that has em in stock rite now?

Our store only had 4, priced at 279.99 retail. We had to dig around in the back to find them because people forget about them. But yes the bestbuys in NJ stock them at least.

As a 2/4 noob of video cards, which brand do you all recommend? I'd figure EVGA, but then there's things like XFX with more reviews on newegg.

Also, would I need to upgrade my power supply to fully support this? Mine is currently a 300 watt.

any brand, they are all the same. in fact foxconn makes all of them right now. if there is anything wrong with it you can just exchange it or return for refund at newegg.

i recommend the cheapest you can find.

As a 2/4 noob of video cards, which brand do you all recommend? I'd figure EVGA, but then there's things like XFX with more reviews on newegg.

Also, would I need to upgrade my power supply to fully support this? Mine is currently a 300 watt.

Most manufacturers are good, its all about personal preference. I would personally go with an Evga, XFX, or BFG. I bought the XFX 8800gt and it should be arriving on Tuesday :)

You're definitely going to need a bigger psu. The recommended watts is around 450 I do believe, but I'd go with 500watts just to be on the safe side.

Alright, big thanks for that. One more thing

Should I go with the superclocked

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130303

or normal one? Would it make a difference? I also really don't know anything about overclocking.

It's all relative...

Superclocked has 50Mhz on core clock plus memory clock is slightly faster....

I picked up a superclocked and will run it over SSC speeds....

Depends on if you OC or if you just leave it alone. If you don't OC and want best performance, get the SSC.

Yeah I'd go ahead and upgrade the PSU. Depending on the rest of your system I would get at minimum a 500watt PSU. Xclio has a goodpower for around $49 on the 'egg. PC Power and Cooling has a good 470 watter too, but I think it will cost more.

Get the regular and OC it yourself, it's really easy I'm sure we can help you out.

My 8800GT and new HDD arrived yesterday! I moved all my important files over to the new HDD and completely reinstalled Vista, since I realized I haven't used XP in almost a year (I was dual booting, and that partition took up 3/4th of the HDD). The 8800GT is working pretty good, gave me a 9046 in 3DMarks06, compared to 5291 with my X1900XT. I still can't turn stuff up all the way on Crysis, or even close, but I'm closer to max, and it overall looks a lot better. I'm even playing through WiC again (got 3/4 through a few weeks ago) since it looks so much better it's worth starting over from the beginning!

Next I'll look into overclocking, since I haven't done any OCing since my Celeron. Hopefully I'll get a pretty nice boost :)

I ordered the eVGA 8800GT Superclocked ($249) from NCIXUS at about 12:30PM PDT on Monday, and just got this response from them:

Dated Oct 31, 2007 at 03:51 PM reply from Ncix Support
Hi Alacrity,
Currently your order is on backorder but we are expected to receive another shipment in this Friday. Hopefully the next shipment will have enough stock to fill your order but at this point we cannot make any guarantees. Once stock has been verified for your order it will be processed and shipped out. Thanks!
========================
Thanks for choosing NCIX!
David Gold
Customer Care
Netlink Computers Inc./NCIX.com

So I'm a little disappointed I didn't get one of the first wave, but no biggie. I'll just keep playing Lego Star Wars until it gets here... :D

On Friday I got this message:

Hello,

Thank you for ordering with NCIX.com. Unfortunately, due to heavy demand and limited supply, we are currently experiencing heavy backorders on the EVGA 8800 GT Superclocked Video Card (SKU #26778). While we are expecting more shipments soon, we are unable to fulfill all orders immediately. As a consolation, we will be giving you a bonus of 2500 NCIX Reward Points, enough for free ground shipping on a future order.

Again, we'd like to apologize for the delays on your order, and thank you for choosing NCIX.com.

Thanks,
NCIX.com Customer Support

Dag nab it! If only I had been able to place the order a couple of hours earlier!
:(

(If anyone knows of any stores in North Seattle area that have the 8800GT in stock, let me know... Best Buy in Lynnwood was a bust.)

Back