8800gts is SLOW

graysky

Gawd
Dunno what my problem is.. reinstalled the o/s a few weeks ago and just went to play COD4. It looks like shit! Way too slow. I have an 8800GTS/X3360 machine. It shouldn't look like this. Using 169.21.

Is there a standard video benchmark out there I can run and get some numbers to compare with other 8800GTS boards?

motherboard? are you overclocking the processor? Download cpu-z and under the mainboard tab make sure that your pci-express link width is at the full 16x.

When I browse to nvidia's download page for XP Pro x64, this is the current driver :/

Also, thought I posted the hardware details. It's a DFI LT P35 T2R board, and the problem is resolved. Turns out that despite the manual stating it has dual PCI-e 16X slots, it only has a single one! Moving the card solved the problem.

..about the nvidia driver. You guys have a link to an x64 version of a newer one? Red Falcon mentioned 169.25... x86 or x64?

Ohhh nooooooo

Why in the world would you download from a 3rd party site when EVERYTHING you need is at www.nvidia.com ??????

And FWIW 169.21 is NOT old. It is the most current WHQL driver for the 8800 GTS G92. 175.16 is the beta driver FWIW, but I typically use the WHQL.

Why do people give information that they are not sure about?

Ohhh nooooooo

Why in the world would you download from a 3rd party site when EVERYTHING you need is at www.nvidia.com ??????

And FWIW 169.21 is NOT old. It is the most current WHQL driver for the 8800 GTS G92. 175.16 is the beta driver FWIW, but I typically use the WHQL.

Check out the beta drivers. I can vouch that they are working perfectly.

Check out the beta drivers. I can vouch that they are working perfectly.

I have. WHQL works better for me on both benching applications and real world FPS scenarios.

Nothing wrong with the beta drivers, but i have had better success with the WHQL.

I've have never downloaded a single driver off Nvidia's website and this is going back to the days of the Geforce 2 cards. Why would i do download off Guru3d? Cause everything i need is there......

FWIW in my world a driver released on Dec 19, 2007 is an old driver but to each his own.

Ohhh nooooooo

Yeah, you're right. Try uninstalling the "unofficial" drivers then install the ones from NVIDIA's website.

Back