8800GTX or 8800GTX Superclocked??

The regular cards are usually the ones that didnt pass the KO and Superclock clocks so it makes sense that the Superclocked cards are better overclockers. If i had the money i would spend a little more just to get the superclocked. Yes, people will say that manufacturer overclocks are a waste of money, but these overclocks are really high and are guaranteed to work at those clocks. And on top of that, you can overclock a good deal more! In my case i purchased an 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked which has 576/1700 and i'm overclocked right now at 630/2000 and my temperatures are negligible, note, my fans are @ 100%. I personally can attest to the overclocking potential of the super clocked cards. Although you may not be as successful in overclocking the core to the degree i was because the 8800GTX core isnt as easy to overclock.

Thanks for the response. I think I'm prolly gonna lean towards the Superclocked. :)

I have yet to hear of any 8800 GTX not reaching the Superclocked speeds. Save your money and do it yourself.

BTW RussianHAXOR works for EVGA so take what he says with a grain of salt.

I have yet to hear of any 8800 GTX not reaching the Superclocked speeds. Save your money and do it yourself.

Agreed. Get the none oc'd version. I only see the oc'd version as a plus if your dead set on not overclocking due to laziness or wariness.

Ihave the 8800GTS, and I went with the superclocked version, simply because it is a guarantee to run at those speeds (RMA if it doesnt) for a price difference of a whopping $14!:eek: :p

So I would say if its a small price difference, go for it. If its more than say $15 or so, I would skip it. There is a 99% chance it will run those speeds regardless. But a superclocked card will possibly OC further than the non SC cards.

Do i work for evga? Im just a mod...

Also, i would probably agree that on the 8800GTX the overclock isnt much, But i said that in my previous post...

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm gonna order up my card this week. And for the record my new Dell 2407 is simply amazing:cool:

Do i work for evga? Im just a mod...
Sorry about what I said then, for some reason I thought you were paid by them. I don't mean to imply that you're a shill.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm gonna order up my card this week. And for the record my new Dell 2407 is simply amazing:cool:
I see that you're running 7800 SLI now. You won't be disappointed. Hell, my 8800 GTS running at stock speeds blew my 7800 GTX SLI setup away in terms of performance (and heat). Overclocked it's even better.

An 8800 GTX, regardless of clocks, will be a night and day difference in a lot of applications.

Oh yeah, and the 2407 is great too. Heh, there's a good reason to upgrade :)

Back