8800s GPU block: MAZE 5 or MCW60 ???

phinix

Gawd
Does anyone had experience with these blocks on any 8800s???
I wondering if that heatsinks for swiftech block are enough to OC 8800GTS or GTX...???
I'm want a silent rig, so dont't want to use any additional fan on that card...

Does anyone know where can I buy that 8800s mounting bracket for mcw60? (UK shops)

I have been looking at the same option. You will need the G80 bracket to mount it on an 8800. Some Swiftech blocks come with that bracket already. I also want to overclock, so I need to figure out if the cooling will be adequate. In addition, when the next gen cards come out that block might be workable, but a full block usually would not.

That is why I want one of them - now I have 8800GTS, but maybe till end of the year I'll change it to GTX, or next year to 8900 or 9800gtx whatever will come out and these blocks could be still ok with new cards..
Though Ram is the point of my concern...:)

Oh, I don't know. ;) (check sig)

I have a second one ordered off Newegg for $45, since I received my second XFX 8800GTS 640MB on Tuesday. Still need a few things...

The other part is the Swiftech MC8800. Need it too in order to do 8800 GPU waterblock (vs full coverage) based cooling on the 8800 series. This is because there is an ASIC at the front that gets too hot to not cool, plus the power FETs that need some help, as well.

I am using full blocks on my cards. They work great, and even look great. Though there are some disadvantages to using them. Cost and incompatibility with newer cards being the main ones. Though they do keep your ram cool, which is a bennefit I suppose.

Oh, I don't know. ;) (check sig)

I have a second one ordered off Newegg for $45, since I received my second XFX 8800GTS 640MB on Tuesday. Still need a few things...

The other part is the Swiftech MC8800. Need it too in order to do 8800 GPU waterblock (vs full coverage) based cooling on the 8800 series. This is because there is an ASIC at the front that gets too hot to not cool, plus the power FETs that need some help, as well.
Do you use some fan of that heatsinks?
could you PLEASE show some pics of your watercooling rig? expecially graphic card and this block with heatsinks...

I read that stealth isnt that good - for full block EK is way better.
But I want to have a option to change gpu to a new one and not to lose money spent on block.. so chip block would be better than full...

The MCW60 performs better than the maze5 from what I can tell. The maze5 is also made by DangerDen... whose QC has been questionable as of late.

Just grab one of those Dtek aluminum full card HSF's, and the MCW60.

The MCW60 performs better than the maze5 from what I can tell. The maze5 is also made by DangerDen... whose QC has been questionable as of late.

Just grab one of those Dtek aluminum full card HSF's, and the MCW60.
Do you mean that GFX UNI-Sink- 8800GTX?

Revision 2 of the Stealth beats the EK FC block. I'd consider getting one myself but at this point in the game, it's just too late to purchase another FC block when the G92's are about 3-4 months away.

Revision 2 of the Stealth beats the EK FC block. I'd consider getting one myself but at this point in the game, it's just too late to purchase another FC block when the G92's are about 3-4 months away.

Is that time confirmed?
I was going to sell my GTS and buy GTX, cause GTs is slow on 24" dell. Should I wait then??? Or maybe just buy that mcw60 that I can always use on new g92s???

Do you use some fan of that heatsinks?
could you PLEASE show some pics of your watercooling rig? expecially graphic card and this block with heatsinks...

Oh, yeah... A pic, how dumb of me:

Closeup of the magical copper forest:

gpu-closeup.jpg

The translucent thing in the bottom right is the back left corner one of my 120mm radiator fans (I use 4 push/pull Tricools @ ~1700RPM), and that is the closest I have to a "use some fan of that heatsinks". ;)

Oh, yeah... A pic, how dumb of me:

Closeup of the magical copper forest:

The translucent thing in the bottom right is the back left corner one of my 120mm radiator fans (I use 4 push/pull Tricools @ ~1700RPM), and that is the closest I have to a "use some fan of that heatsinks". ;)

Very nice:)
how's the temps? I maen are these ramsinks hot when you oc your gts???
Is there everything ok when you oc your card? no ram problems? I read that people suggest some kind of fan blowing on that heatsinks... is it really necessary?
Can I just oc my gts and be happy with these sinks?

Back