8GB 1600 Sandy Bridge memory $29.99 newegg

Aumakua

Limp Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428

not a bad deal, I actually found it after discovering I ordered the wrong memory from amazon for my new Z68 setup, I ordered 1600 1.65V memory, not realizing sandy bridge really should use 1.5V, but ends up I will get a better price on this stuff anyway.

great reviews, CL9 but from what I have seen if you are at 1600 or above with the new chipset the CL8 vs CL9 has little difference.

I ordered 2 sets and used the newcustomer10 code plus the google $40 gift card. I'm saving it for my next Ivy Bridge build. I wonder how much lower ram prices are going to go.

Great price but I will no tbe able to fit it with my Corsair A70 cooler.

Its GSkill Ripjaw X Series 4GB x 2 kit for those too lazy to click the link (or for those who want to use the [H] commissioned links.

Up until just this last week I ran 8gb (4x2gb) Corsair Dominator GT 1.65v 7-7-7-20-1T on my SB rig with no issues whatsoever. Good find here though.. RAM is just getting stupid cheap. :p

I have 8GB of this now with 2 slots empty. Will it hurt my 2500k overclock to fill all four slots?

I have 8GB of this now with 2 slots empty. Will it hurt my 2500k overclock to fill all four slots?

it really shouldnt. i have 4x2gb 1.65v ram and my 2500k at 4.5ghz, did have to lower my crappy ram to 1333 though since i didnt want to raise the ram voltage and ram speeds really dont matter.

It's been this price since black friday I believe. Anyway, I'm tempted to do the $40 google offer code with the $10 new customer code to pick up two of these sets. But wtf will I do with 16gb. I don't even use the 8gb that I have now.

It's been this price since black friday I believe. Anyway, I'm tempted to do the $40 google offer code with the $10 new customer code to pick up two of these sets. But wtf will I do with 16gb. I don't even use the 8gb that I have now.

Buy now and think later. I don't even have a rig to put these in but hey, where else can you get 16GB DDR3 1600 for $30 after using the code and gift card.:D

I bought two sets of this on black friday, running fine on my 2600k @4.8GHz. It is nice to have a 4GiB ram drive and a 4GiB vm and still have as much room as I had before.

crap.. If I had caught this before selling out I would have bought another set.. Also of note this works fine in AMD setups..

In for 3, with Google Offer code and no tax/shipping, $70 for 24 GB of 1.5 V 1600 ram.

Great price but I will no tbe able to fit it with my Corsair A70 cooler.

is the ram too tall? I have a dark knight cooler which looks similar to yours, didn't even think about it fitting since it wasn't a problem with my i7 920 setup. using a UD4 Gigabyte board, I find it odd that mobo manufacturers would place the RAM in a spot that could interfere with an aftermarket cooler, especially if their mobo's are geared towards OCers

is the ram too tall? I have a dark knight cooler which looks similar to yours, didn't even think about it fitting since it wasn't a problem with my i7 920 setup. using a UD4 Gigabyte board, I find it odd that mobo manufacturers would place the RAM in a spot that could interfere with an aftermarket cooler, especially if their mobo's are geared towards OCers

In my case yes. I have Corsair A70 and Asus P8P67 Deluxe.

I just went from 2x 2GB Ripjaws to 4x 4GB Ripjaws X and didn't have to touch the overclock on my 2500K (4.7 GHz).

this is back in stock bought one was going to get two but decided 16gb would prob mess with overclocks and whatnot so ill stick with 8 now the real question THIS RAM compared to 8-8-8-24 Corsair Vengenge XMP (the original ones big heatsinks) which would be better thinking of swaping the corsair to my p55 i5 and when i pick up my 2500k this week put this memory in it since its a p67 board

ya i was thinking of getting another but isnt 16gb of ram overkill?

Overkill? Perhaps. But will ram still be <$4/GB when it isn't overkill anymore? Prices can only go so low before they're just giving stuff away, otoh as we've seen with hdd prices, there is no such upper limit.

Won't fit under my Hyper 212+ on the Z68 Gigabyte board, went from these to Low profile vengeance :/ man.... good ass deal though.

I ordered 2 sets and used the newcustomer10 code plus the google $40 gift card. I'm saving it for my next Ivy Bridge build. I wonder how much lower ram prices are going to go.

What is this 40.00 gift card I am hearing about? Did you get it from someone or did you get it for subscribing to a google shopping service or something?

What is this 40.00 gift card I am hearing about? Did you get it from someone or did you get it for subscribing to a google shopping service or something?

Google offers ran a deal the other day for a $40 newegg credit for $20. It's long gone now though you might be able to buy one off of someone who used multiple accounts to buy more than one.

Won't fit under my Hyper 212+ on the Z68 Gigabyte board, went from these to Low profile vengeance :/ man.... good ass deal though.

You could unclip the fan and move it up a little?

Anyone know if these will play nice with these?

for those saying the memory won't fit with their heatsink, I am not sure how your boards are set up, but can't you just use different memory slots? or is it because you want to use all 4?

By the way, Shipping takes FOREVER on this, free saver shipping, I ordered on Monday and its not supposed to arrive until next Monday (Jersey to Chicago) normally thats a 3 day UPS delivery, not 5. Looks like it actually ships USPS but routed through UPS, I know they had some sort of deal in place but never had something delivered this way (UPS routes it, USPS does final delivery I think, which is why it takes so long).

for those saying the memory won't fit with their heatsink, I am not sure how your boards are set up, but can't you just use different memory slots? or is it because you want to use all 4?

By the way, Shipping takes FOREVER on this, free saver shipping, I ordered on Monday and its not supposed to arrive until next Monday (Jersey to Chicago) normally thats a 3 day UPS delivery, not 5. Looks like it actually ships USPS but routed through UPS, I know they had some sort of deal in place but never had something delivered this way (UPS routes it, USPS does final delivery I think, which is why it takes so long).

Ah, the ole free eggsaver shipping...when it absolutely has to get there late!

Pretty good deal on some cheap RAM. I ordered a set of these a week ago and I'm currently running these with my Corsair vengeance low profile ram running at the same timings and speeds on an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO. They are running fine and hasn't affected my 2500k 4.5 ghz overclock in anyway.

Ah, the ole free eggsaver shipping...when it absolutely has to get there late!

Yup, I cringed when I got the tracking email and saw that they are used DHL. It's hard to imagine that it is actually cost effective for them to take it everywhere other than my location for a week (I've seen them drive it 600 miles north of my location only to bring it back several days later) and then pass it on to USPS to actually deliver.

It's unreal how cheap memory is nowadays!

16GB for for $60 WTF

When I went to rebuild my current system (replacing Mobo, CPU, Memory only), I was shocked how cheap it was, just a little over a year ago I paid $127 for 6GB of OCZ RAM, and that was a great price at the time (with rebates). I was floored when I saw 8GB at the same speed for $30 delivered! even $40-$50 is crazy cheap. Funny thing is I can still get $45 for my old memory on ebay. I am actually going to make money upgrading to 8GB with my new setup, :D

Back