!9 inch gaming LCD

Budwise said:
no DVI though...

I've used DVI, and its not worth the extra $100-$200 for a very minimal gain in quality. Plus the DVI port is being used by my TV :D

Alias said:
I've used DVI, and its not worth the extra $100-$200 for a very minimal gain in quality. Plus the DVI port is being used by my TV :D

Everyperson is differnet, when i tried VGA on my dell 2004FPW the text was not crisp, more ghosting in games and just over all images were blurred a little, enough for me to notice

going DVI IS worth the extra $100-$200 if you want to experience what an LCD really is.

MrGuvernment said:
Everyperson is differnet, when i tried VGA on my dell 2004FPW the text was not crisp, more ghosting in games and just over all images were blurred a little, enough for me to notice

going DVI IS worth the extra $100-$200 if you want to experience what an LCD really is.

It still beats the hell out of my 5 year old 19" Viewsonic.

Well I ordered the VP191b,but why is it more expensive than the VP930b ? mabey because the stand is adjustable ?

lee63 said:
Well I ordered the VP191b,but why is it more expensive than the VP930b ? mabey because the stand is adjustable ?

According to reviews, the stand of the VP930b is better. I have the VP930b, but can't compare it to the VP191b which I've only read about. Out of curiosity, why not get its successor, the VP930b? Not that you can go wrong with the VP191b in any case. If it's anything like the VP930b, you're in for a real treat.

Albert

Albert Silver said:
According to reviews, the stand of the VP930b is better. I have the VP930b, but can't compare it to the VP191b which I've only read about. Out of curiosity, why not get its successor, the VP930b? Not that you can go wrong with the VP191b in any case. If it's anything like the VP930b, you're in for a real treat.

Albert
Well the Egg only had the VP191b instock when I was ordering. Can you adjust the hight on the VP 930b it didn't look like you could in the pictures? , Mabey I should cancel my order and get the 930 instead
:rolleyes:

Great review btw ;)

lee63 said:
Well the Egg only had the VP191b instock when I was ordering. Can you adjust the hight on the VP 930b it didn't look like you could in the pictures? , Mabey I should cancel my order and get the 930 instead
:rolleyes:

Great review btw ;)

Yes the height can be adjusted on the VP930B/S as well :)

lee63 said:

What made you pick the more expensive 8ms screen over the 3/6ms screen?

i have a hyundai l90+ 8ms its sweet plus its not too expensive however i kinda wished i would have purchased a widescreen 20" nevertheless its a great monitor

standard141 said:
i have a hyundai l90+ 8ms its sweet plus its not too expensive however i kinda wished i would have purchased a widescreen 20" nevertheless its a great monitor
Yeah I was looking at that one but I wanted somthing black to go with my rig, nice LCD though. I orederd the VP930b today now I have two LCDs coming, I couldnt cancel the VP191b, at least I can check them out side by side and see which one I like the the best :D

lee63 said:
Yeah I was looking at that one but I wanted somthing black to go with my rig, nice LCD though. I orederd the VP930b today now I have two LCDs coming, I couldnt cancel the VP191b, at least I can check them out side by side and see which one I like the the best :D

I for one would love to hear your views on this side by side :)

I'm in a similar position as lee63.

I am looking for a 19" LCD and will use it primarily for gaming. I'm not too bothered about anything else, ie DVD playback etc. I'm no expert on that kind of stuff so anything will look great to me to be honest.

My only concern with LCD is blurring and ghosting and this is why I havent already taken the plunge into LCD before now. I play Q3, BF2, CoD etc so need a monitor which is going to give me the best results for online play.

I have read so many reviews of the LCD's I "had" narrowed it down to, Hyundai L90D+, Viewsonic VX924, Samsung 930BF (not in that order) and am now more confused than ever. I guess they all have pro's and con's for similar price in the UK (£250.00 ish).

I really dont want to choose the wrong LCD for my needs but are the above all as good as one another really or can someone give me a "best for gaming" order from those above.

Failing that, is it worth paying the extra £120.00 for the Viewsonic VP930 that everyone has given great reviews on. I mean will this LCD really be that much better than those listed above?

Any help appreciated...I'm going round in circles with this.

Thanks.

ChrisUK said:
I'm in a similar position as lee63.

I am looking for a 19" LCD and will use it primarily for gaming. I'm not too bothered about anything else, ie DVD playback etc. I'm no expert on that kind of stuff so anything will look great to me to be honest.

My only concern with LCD is blurring and ghosting and this is why I havent already taken the plunge into LCD before now. I play Q3, BF2, CoD etc so need a monitor which is going to give me the best results for online play.

I have read so many reviews of the LCD's I "had" narrowed it down to, Hyundai L90D+, Viewsonic VX924, Samsung 930BF (not in that order) and am now more confused than ever. I guess they all have pro's and con's for similar price in the UK (£250.00 ish).

I really dont want to choose the wrong LCD for my needs but are the above all as good as one another really or can someone give me a "best for gaming" order from those above.

Failing that, is it worth paying the extra £120.00 for the Viewsonic VP930 that everyone has given great reviews on. I mean will this LCD really be that much better than those listed above?

Any help appreciated...I'm going round in circles with this.

Thanks.

If you're only interest is games, and your only worry is ghosting, then the VP930 is not your ideal mate. The very fast VX924 and the Samsung sacrifice colors, viewing angle, etc. for speed. The VP930 is a great all-round monitor, but it isn't the market's absolute fastest. I'm not saying it isn't good for gaming, and I haven't had any issues with ghosting, but it wouldn't make sense to pay an extra 120 pounds if that is indeed what it would cost there. In the US the price difference is much less ($60-$70).

Albert

Thanks for the reply.

It is really going to be a gaming LCD.

So, out of the Samsung 930BF or the Viewsonic VX924 which would you choose in my situation for best gaming and overall screen?

If they are both equal then I guess its just down to LCD looks, for that I think the Viewsonic might have a smaller screen frame which "looks" better.

Any thoughts?

This is it, what ever answer I get I will choose to buy.

Thanks again.

ChrisUK said:
Thanks for the reply.

It is really going to be a gaming LCD.

So, out of the Samsung 930BF or the Viewsonic VX924 which would you choose in my situation for best gaming and overall screen?

If they are both equal then I guess its just down to LCD looks, for that I think the Viewsonic might have a smaller screen frame which "looks" better.

Any thoughts?

This is it, what ever answer I get I will choose to buy.

Thanks again.

The VX924 was in my top 3 list when choosing, which was only a few weeks ago, so it would be my choice.

Albert

I'm torn between the Samsung 930BF and the Viewsonic VX924 also... but the VX924 has such a sexy stand...

I honestly don't know the difference between the two...

_Korruption_ said:
I'm torn between the Samsung 930BF and the Viewsonic VX924 also... but the VX924 has such a sexy stand...

I honestly don't know the difference between the two...
Yes it does, but can you adjust the height on the VX924?

im not sure why everyone always talks about the 930BF now that the newer 940B is out. Although it seems that their specs are nearly identical, i still opted for the newer of the two...

First off why in the hell would you buy a 19 Inch moniter with 7800 GTXs in SLI? You might as well sell one if your gonna be gaming at 1280X1024 cuz having that second card is overkill.

Here in the UK the Samsung 940B costs about £10.00 more than the 930BF. The 940 does appear to have a Pivot and Height adjustable stand but is also an 8ms response monitor as opposed the 4ms.

There is also the 960BF and 970P. The 960BF appears to be a 4ms model with Pivot and Height adjustable stand and the 970P the same but with better Contrast ratio (1000:1) and is 6ms.

I hadnt seen the 940, 960 and 970 models before and not many places in the UK actually have them in stock right now it appears. These also seem to have a smaller screen bezel too!

Just as I was about to buy an LCD more have been thrown in the cooking pot, damn.

Marcdaddy said:
First off why in the hell would you buy a 19 Inch moniter with 7800 GTXs in SLI? You might as well sell one if your gonna be gaming at 1280X1024 cuz having that second card is overkill.
I was waiting for that, F.E.A.R. @ 1600x1200 everthing maxed, 4xAA, 4xAF, V-sync on = 75 fps max to low 20s. COD2 the same but high fps 40s lows 20s
:mad:
P.S. The girlys gonna get it after Im done with these games + I might do the 2x 512mb GTX thing.

For me, once you go widescreen, you'll never go back

compare25cg.jpg

farcry0gw.jpg

hl25bf.jpg

Back