$90 off Technet new subscription

demingo

Trump is My President!
Coupon Code TMSAM04

Subscription Quantity Price (USD) Total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TECHNET PLUS Direct New Subscription
Part # TEI1X000NNONE

1 $349.00 $349.00
$261.75 $261.75

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subtotal $261.75
Shipping & Handling $0.00
TAX @ 5.00% On $261.75 $13.09

Order Total $274.84

Well not exactly $90 but good enough. Just used it, worked for me.

Does a Technet account get you legit copies of Windows? I'm confused on what the purpose of the account -- I may sign up.

Does a Technet account get you legit copies of Windows? I'm confused on what the purpose of the account -- I may sign up.

You can get retail versions of software like Office or Windows. Keyes don't expire, even if your subscription does. However, the versions you get through Technet are not to be used on Production systems per Microsoft.

Sorry, I pulled a ninja edit. Microsoft says so, because it's for evaluation purposes for IT Professionals. However, the versions are Full retail versions, and you get 10 keys for each version of Win7, both x86 and x64, from starter up to ultimate and enterprise.

Thanks, I missed out on the $100 off and have been meaning to get this.

Edit: Downloading Windows 7 Ultimate right now!

Last edited:
Sorry, I pulled a ninja edit. Microsoft says so, because it's for evaluation purposes for IT Professionals. However, the versions are Full retail versions, and you get 10 keys for each version of Win7, both x86 and x64, from starter up to ultimate and enterprise.

Sorry to be redundent, but is it 10 seperate cd keys, equivilant to buying 10 retail versions of the software; or one 10 use key?

Any reason why you can't use them on Production machines?

Because the license agreement that you agree to when subscribing to Technet says so and that makes it very much illegal to use the software in a production environment. Additionally if you do not continue to subscribe to Technet the licenses are no longer legal to use once your subscription expires.

That being said..... they do not kill the licenses and they do continue to work just fine and people do use them in violation of the licensing agreement all the time.

Sorry to be redundent, but is it 10 seperate cd keys, equivilant to buying 10 retail versions of the software; or one 10 use key?

You are issued 10 separate keys.

Thank you very much. I just canceled my preorder for upgrade packs on Amazon, I'll use these instead.

I just bought into the hype too. For anyone else wondering - MS only accepts checks, visa, amex and mastercard. No discover - no paypal.

Your downloads and keys are available immediately after signing up and agreeing to the EULA.

I just bought into the hype too. For anyone else wondering - MS only accepts checks, visa, amex and mastercard. No discover - no paypal.

Your downloads and keys are available immediately after signing up and agreeing to the EULA.

Yep, 7 Ultimate installed on 2 machines with Office 2007, and this one will be done tomorrow (main machine, but I have some stuff going right now). I'll be building a WHS later this week.

All I see is windows 7 RTM, not retail. Looking up RTM says its just a release copy to manufacturers to work out bugs, but not the retail version.

Do you actually see more when you buy and log in? I don't even see retail downloads of vista.

All I see is windows 7 RTM, not retail. Looking up RTM says its just a release copy to manufacturers to work out bugs, but not the retail version.

Do you actually see more when you buy and log in? I don't even see retail downloads of vista.

RTM is the retail copy.... period.

Until they decide to start releasing ones with SP1 and SP2, etc slipstreamed into it.

Yes as mentioned RTM is the retail version and is the same code that will be on the retail discs the public can buy in several weeks.

These questions are pretty funny. Doesn't anyone do any checking for themselves? The techNet spells out all the info, as to what you get, how it works, etc etc.
Any reason why you can't use them on Production machines?
Those are the rules. If they were allowed on production machines, Microsoft would lose out on a ton of money. As I said above, go to the site, read the rules, and you'll know exactly what you are entitled to.

lol dude..........it means you cant start up a company to sell computers and install windows on all those machines from your technet account and sell the computers.

lol dude..........it means you cant start up a company to sell computers and install windows on all those machines from your technet account and sell the computers.

Not just that. It means to gain any profit from any of the work the machines do.

Selling PCs with Technet licenses? Illegal.
Selling webspace on a server with a Technet license? Just as illegal.

Not just that. It means to gain any profit from any of the work the machines do.

Selling PCs with Technet licenses? Illegal.
Selling webspace on a server with a Technet license? Just as illegal.

Using Technet licenses in the day to day operations of a business (i.e. MS Office, etc.) also against the licensing agreement.

In essence, if the licenses are used to produce a profit in any way, you are in violation of the agreement.

Using Technet licenses in the day to day operations of a business (i.e. MS Office, etc.) also against the licensing agreement.

In essence, if the licenses are used to produce a profit in any way, you are in violation of the agreement.

What about personal use and educational use? Would using, say, MS Word (technet license) for studying purposes violate the agreement?

Would using, say, MS Word (technet license) for studying purposes violate the agreement?
Technically, yes, but do you think Microsoft would be knocking down your door?

Seriously, guys, this TechNet licensing thing is pretty simple to figure out what it can and can't be used for. It isn't this complicated. If you are an IT Professional, using it for testing or training purposes, you are likely in the clear. If you are using it on any production systems, using it for a business purpose, or using it to avoid buying individual legal licenses, you are violating the agreement. Simple.

Technically, yes, but do you think Microsoft would be knocking down your door?

Seriously, guys, this TechNet licensing thing is pretty simple to figure out what it can and can't be used for. It isn't this complicated. If you are an IT Professional, using it for testing or training purposes, you are likely in the clear. If you are using it on any production systems, using it for a business purpose, or using it to avoid buying individual legal licenses, you are violating the agreement. Simple.

I think it's also clear that MS doesn't care if home users use it on their home machine(s). I saw a post on windowsteamblog.com, roughly when 7 went RTM, where an MS official basically said, that they had the $50.00 sale for beta users and that many of the beta testers already have technet, so they'll get a free copy that way.

They know.....and they don't care, so long as you're not using it for a business (and even then they don't care if it's for testing purposes).

Code is no longer working, but $349 is still a good price if you will be using more than two of the software downloads.

In case anyone needs an alternate code, this one worked for me late last night: TNWIN7RTM

It was for the same $90 discount.

Got mine with the $90 discount, thanks!

Edit: gah! Their site is showing maintenance now and I can download some things but not Win7.

Last edited:
[LYL]Homer;1034521975 said:
Got mine with the $90 discount, thanks!

Edit: gah! Their site is showing maintenance now and I can download some things but not Win7.

Looks like MS just put up some alternate links so you might wanna try again

Last edited:
finally bit on the TechNet subscription, tks for the $90 off

So far loving the subscription...

Does anyone know of a link / post etc. that clearly lays out what kind of / how many keys of which products can be claimed, and how they work etc.?

The previous deal ($100 off) has tons and tons of conflicting information in this thread:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1430577

The faq and help on the technet site is rather useless. It seems that M$ doesnt want specify the exact limits, which I guess makes sense (making it simpler to exploit)

Some examples of questions I have would be:

How many win7 ultimate keys can one claim? How many times can they be used? On how many machines? What about claiming multiple keys on multiple flavors of an OS? What about multiple flavors of multiple OS's?

What about claiming an enterprise key? How does that work? How many machines will it work on?

Thanks for any help.

Back