91.31 WHQL ForceWare Drivers Released Today

i donwloaded the betas a day or two erlier then these came out and i gota say i hate the control pannel. all was fine and i had every thing woorked out fine between coolbits, and powerstrip. no reason to upgrade so i went back the the 84.XX (whatever the last ones where)

Are these for SLi or whatever? If they are for regular video cards, I just downloaded the non SLi ones and they appear to be working just fine.

These new drivers are pretty decent. But the new control panel is so xpish and ugly. blah.
I think I will stay with the 84.2x until the next release or so. :/

Drivers working fine on my system. Noticed marked improvement in fps and graphics in Oblivion, HL2E1 and Sin E1. Also downloaded the Creative 5/30/06 beta drivers optimized for Prey and noticed good sound improvement overall.

MaxGhz said:
Drivers working fine on my system. Noticed marked improvement in fps and graphics in Oblivion, HL2E1 and Sin E1. Also downloaded the Creative 5/30/06 beta drivers optimized for Prey and noticed good sound improvement overall.

Oblivion has not been crashing anymore on my machine since updating to the beta 91.31 forceware drivers. It was the only game giving me any problems on my rig with the 84.21 drivers.

In regards to the new CP, I think it might take a little getting used to, but overall its not soo bad. I mean, we don't have to install dotNet, right?? This is a good thing for me.

MaxGhz said:

Are those drivers for all X-Fi cards?

J-M-E said:
So whats the verdict on this driver. Good or bad?

Good for me. Seems to be the most stable for my 7600GS so far. Had the whole weekend to test and all apps and whatnot that I have work great.

Getting 2400 with my 7600GS in 3dMark 06 at default settings for the Futuremark application (1280x1024). This is with a 514Mhz core and 440Mhz memory overclock on the MSI NX7600GS-T2D256EH (passively cooled) and during the sweltering heatwave we are currently having in the Pacific Northwest.

Not bad at all. Just wish Futuremark would certify these drivers so I could publish a link for you all.

HighTest said:
Good for me. Seems to be the most stable for my 7600GS so far. Had the whole weekend to test and all apps and whatnot that I have work great.

Getting 2400 with my 7600GS in 3dMark 06 at default settings for the Futuremark application (1280x1024). This is with a 514Mhz core and 440Mhz memory overclock on the MSI NX7600GS-T2D256EH (passively cooled) and during the sweltering heatwave we are currently having in the Pacific Northwest.

Not bad at all. Just wish Futuremark would certify these drivers so I could publish a link for you all.

Damn, thats not bad for that card... I get 2800 even in 3dmark06.

These drivers cause flickering on certain textures in Hitman: Blood Money. (the indoor pool/sauna in "A New Life" is a good place to spot it.)

Scream And Fly said:
The 84.21 driver works perfectly for me (7800GTX SLI), so I'm not gonna risk the update yet.

Same here, (7600 GT), I will wait until they get their ducks in a row...

Dunno I dropped in FPS unfortunately. 84.21 ftw!

I'm looking to buy a second 7800 GT OC now tho :)

can someone provide a link to the older drivers?

The 91.31 dropped my 3dmark score by 200 points.

Ingonuts13 said:
Sounds like now is NOT the time to upgrade drivers. :mad:

Tough to say really. I have been having nothing but good luck thus far with the 91.31 release.

However, there does appear to be some foolishly overlooked problems, such as not being able to see the temps of both cards in SLI mode under the new CP.

xtasyindecay said:
Are those drivers for all X-Fi cards?
Yes they are for the X-F1 cards. There are some for older Creative cards, but evidently you can't enable OpenGL in audio in Prey with those cards even with the new drivers. Just got through the Prey demo and what a ride that is.

These drivers were a surprise attack for me; I've been testing out a pair of motherboards and doing fresh XP Pro x64 installs each time I switched. I go into the display properties box to mess with my nView settings for my monitors, but they're not there anymore. In this new NVidia control panel thing. Okay, I suppose I could get used to that, so I click to launch the control panel.

Next thing I know, everything on my system slows to a crawl. Windows starts giving me messages about it needing to increase the size of the page file. Curious, I open Task Manager. Five minutes later, when it opens, I see the nvcplui.exe is taking 250 MB of memory and my pagefile usage has jumped to 4.21 GB! For some reason, this thing feels a need to push everything else into the pagefile and use all 4 GB of my physical memory!

I have never done the DriverCleaner routine before. In fact, I rarely upgrade VGA drivers except when there's a significant boost or a feature I need. But as soon as my Windows Updates finish, I'm booting into Safe Mood and getting these things the hell off my system.

Well after playing around and troubleshooting I found out my problem with my games being so slooow was caused by new logitech bluetooth keyboard and mouse setpoint drivers(which I had installed at the same time as the nvidia 91.31 whql drivers). I uninstalled these drivers and left the new 91.31 drivers alone and all my games run just fine now, that is what I get for installing drivers I knew mught cause problems. :( :mad: :eek:

I have an EVGA 7800GT and Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2020u. When I try to run the wizard, I keep getting an error that says "Displays that are in cloned mode are unavailable for optimization." How can my only monitor be in cloned mode? This happens with either version of their control panel, and worked fine with the older drivers.
Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

EDIT: I moved the monitor connection to the other DVI, and everything works fine. I never had this problem with any of the other driver releases, though.

jgdiaz said:
Well after playing around and troubleshooting I found out my problem with my games being so slooow was caused by new logitech bluetooth keyboard and mouse setpoint drivers(which I had installed at the same time as the nvidia 91.31 whql drivers). I uninstalled these drivers and left the new 91.31 drivers alone and all my games run just fine now, that is what I get for installing drivers I knew mught cause problems. :( :mad: :eek:

You might have the same problem I have right now. When my comp comes out of hibernation, my GPU speed does not throttle betwen 2D (275mHz) and 3D (650mHz) anymore. I'm stuck at 275! I have to restart and avoid using hibernation. My gaming benchmarks drop of course. I tried the DriverCleaner procedure with the safemode trick... did not solve my problem.

You should check that out. Run Fear test after hibernation to make sure it is ok.

AMD A64 3500+ Venice 2.2 gHz @ 2.5
PNY 7900 GTX @ 695/1720
ASUS A8N-E
1024 MB OCZ Gold VX PC3200 2-3-2-7
Seagate 250 7200.8 SATA
Fortron BlueStorm 500
Antec SLK3000b

Too many problems that Nvidia needs to fix with these new ones, I'm going back I think.

Not certified drivers but maybe this link works from Futuremark?

EDIT: nope doesn't link correctly if I can't "publish".

This will show the 2400 score I'm getting with these drivers, some mild overclocks and the new drivers on my 7600GS.

I'm getting BSOD when I enable SLI with 91.31.
Yes, I used DriverCleaner.
Anyone with 6800GT SLI working?

This was from the gaming forum under my Q4 crashing post. This was my problem:

just installed Quake 4 and then upgraded to 1.2 and have a problem. Everytime I exit the game, the screen goes black and the comp crashes. It ONLY does this is Opera or Azureus is open. Its not my OC's or AIm or anything, just those 2 appz. Why could this be a problem? Anyone know?

Edit: It also does it with Quake 3 too.

Edit 2: It only does it if Azureus or Opera are open while the game is closing. If I alt+tab outta the game before i close it and end the tasks of azureus or opera, and then close the game, i get the desktop and everythings normal.

This was someones solution to gaming and java apps:

if you have AA or AF enabled on your gpu, turn both off, or turn both to app controlled and try it

This was the solution to this problem:

So I looked at my nVidia settings and they were what I thought they were...App controlled. So that wasnt the issue as it was App controlled the whole time. Next I thought to myself, what about the 90 series drivers that I just upgraded to? I uninstalled those and put on the 84.56 ones that I got from eVGA and sure enough, I have azureus running in the background and Q4 and Q3 closed properly...damn these new drivers. Im sticking w/ the 84.56 until nvidia fixes these 90 series.

The only two problems I have so far is that my desktop font and icons looks like ass. Clear type is enabled in properties and looked beautiful in older drivers. Other problem is random beeping that sounds like audio disortion. I thought it was my sound card but have reseated it, checked all the cables, done diagnostic et al. Only thing that changed was the vid drivers. Oh, the sound only happens in WoW.

In all I like the ability to use SLI AA for some profiles and not others without going through the trouble of making new ones.

So it sounds like these are the same as the BETA ones. I had bad experiences with the BETA ones. Couldnt get the icon to disappear, kept giving me that SLI rendering has be disabled, and no profiles will save. I tried to set 8xAF in Oblivion and it never saved. So I reverted back to the old ones. Seems like the old ones are still the way to go. Oh well, im sure Nvidia will release some new ones very soon.

I sure hope they do, I liked the 10FPS boost that I got out of the Betas, but I did not like the issues....

I installed the drivers for my Giga-byte 6800. Looking at the screen shot below of CS:S, you can tell something went wrong.

screen6wr.jpg

Not sure what to do.

EDIT: Yay, I'm a Limp Gawd now.

I upgraded my EVGA 6800GT's driver from 88.x to 91.31 about a week ago. Things look good and the GUI is very different (as I was expecting). However, when I boot up, I get a warning telling me that it can't detect a 2nd video card and that I therefore can't do SLI. I only have 1 video card (and 1 video card slot on my motherboard at that) and don't want the driver thinking that I want to do SLI. I didn't see anywhere in the GUI to explicitly disable SLI so that I don't get that annoying warning whenever I boot up my PC.

beowulf7 said:
I upgraded my EVGA 6800GT's driver from 88.x to 91.31 about a week ago. Things look good and the GUI is very different (as I was expecting). However, when I boot up, I get a warning telling me that it can't detect a 2nd video card and that I therefore can't do SLI. I only have 1 video card (and 1 video card slot on my motherboard at that) and don't want the driver thinking that I want to do SLI. I didn't see anywhere in the GUI to explicitly disable SLI so that I don't get that annoying warning whenever I boot up my PC.
i got that too on my 6800GT... (AGP!)

i also crashed quite a few times with those drivers so I rolled back to 88.xx.

aside from GUI, is there really that much more benefit to ol'school 6800GT AGP users?

stormshadow said:
i got that too on my 6800GT... (AGP!)

i also crashed quite a few times with those drivers so I rolled back to 88.xx.

aside from GUI, is there really that much more benefit to ol'school 6800GT AGP users?
Knock on wood, my computer has not crashed, so I'll stay with 91.31 ( or move to 91.34 when it goes from beta to official version).

MrFace, thanks for the link. I'll check it out. It looks like the new driver will fix it, but for now, I'll do the registry hack. :)

Not sure if this is a driver problem or a problem with Coolbits/NVtweak. But I can no longer click on any of the option in the new Nvidia control panel without it erroring out and saying

"Nvidia Control Panel Application 1.2.11 has encountered a problem and needs to close"

This was working fine until I think I installed NVtweak. I've uninstallad it as well as the vid drivers via DriverCleaner and nothing works. This is also same problem with NVtune where I get an error message saying:

"Error unable to load nvoclock.sys. Please restart the application"

I've uninstalled and reinstalled NVtune as well. I'm at a loss here and not seeing anything similar to this problem when I googled it.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide on this.

AARGH!

Ugh, made the mistake of installing this dog, the nags and the CP really suck, I'm going to go with something older.

Sovereign said:
These drivers SUCK, at least for me. I would not recommend them. I used the Beta version of these, and the same issues I had with the Betas appear here in the "release."
Issue List
1. When computer boots, there is an excessive delay between the WinXP Splash and the Logon wherein the monitor flashes/blinks about four to five times.
2. Whenever one quits a game (saw this in F.E.A.R., Doom, Quake and HL2/CS:S) the screen looks horrible. The game image remains overlayed. Further, the computer goes nuts. The monitor alternates between the mess on the screen and a blank screen, like a slow strobe. You cannot do anything, you must Reset.

There may be more issues, but I for one am sick of these drivers after having them for a whopping 15 minutes. Back to 84.xx series drivers....

I have 2x 7900GTX EGS (stock) in SLI mode. Whether SLI or not, the issues appear....sorry nVidia you struck out big time with these IMO.

the above stated problem only happends to me when im using Coolbits or rivatuner to overclock.

benzino_86 said:
I installed the drivers for my Giga-byte 6800. Looking at the screen shot below of CS:S, you can tell something went wrong.

screen6wr.jpg

Not sure what to do.

EDIT: Yay, I'm a Limp Gawd now.

that looks scarier than any horror film xD

Back