and no reboots yet..

and it looks i max out @ 4.5ghz on 1.45V
4.5ghz:
45003yz.jpg

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=63356

FPO/BATCH #: L541B400
pack date: 12/30/05

decent chip i seem to have here :)
unfortunatly i may have to rma the thing as there's a couple second delay from when i click a proggie to it running..even @ stock speeds

d94 said:
unfortunatly i may have to rma the thing as there's a couple second delay from when i click a proggie to it running..even @ stock speeds

That might be the throttle thing hanging. I saw something about the 900 series having problems with EIST. But then again you're already at 2.8Ghz? so you shouldn't be changing multipliers ever ?

I suspect its more likely a BIOS issue than the chip needing to be RMA'd.

Maybe you need a 975x mobo for it work properly in?

chrisf6969 said:
That might be the throttle thing hanging. I saw something about the 900 series having problems with EIST. But then again you're already at 2.8Ghz? so you shouldn't be changing multipliers ever ?

I suspect its more likely a BIOS issue than the chip needing to be RMA'd.

Maybe you need a 975x mobo for it work properly in?

Chip is FINE. A software issue it is.

Daym. Intel may have a winner with the new 65nm chips! god now that opens up both playing fields for mad OCing lol :D congrats!

What cooling are you using? That looks pretty nice, it's going to be either the 920 or whatever the next dual core(Whichever core that is) from intel is going to be for my next cpu.

problem fixed :)
i just had to re-install XP
btw i ran 3dmark05 w/my cpu @ 4ghz and got 9500 ^^
i can feel this is faster than my previous chip

and im on water :)

I see you guys are using air--what kind of fan/heatsink, power supply, and RAM?

Those are some pretty impressive oc's.

i might just have to say
holy fuck shit thats crazy

I'm a AMD fan boy and i still have to say
I think that might just out do a X2

1.5vcore 1.49 in windows, Ram is Centon 4300 2 x 1 gig skinny body D9's @ 2.2v, mobo is asus p5wd2 prem, psu is fortron 550 moded. vid is 2 x x850xt @ 700/1.35 ghz Crossfire

the hsf is stock intel cooling solution.

BitchBreaker said:
1.5vcore 1.49 in windows, Ram is Centon 4300 2 x 1 gig skinny body D9's @ 2.2v, mobo is asus p5wd2 prem, psu is fortron 550 moded. vid is 2 x x850xt @ 700/1.35 ghz Crossfire

the hsf is stock intel cooling solution.

why arent you running D9 fatties?? what are your temps at that speed??

cause i havent got around to putting them in yet :) i just removed the ihs from my 930 and im inpressed...2 core's and 2 dies...it's beautifll! droped my temp's by 6*c :)

WARNING!!!!!!!! It takes a lot of skill to remove the solderd on IHS from these cpu's do NOT try it unless your ready to own a dead CPU...it's hit or miss removeing the IHS from these cpu's so dont do it unless you can deal with a dead chip!

Dont you hafta get the chip to like 75ºC for the soilder to liquify and then take the IHS off?

and what are your temps...im still waiting. :)

naked930.JPG

note it hasd 2 sep cores.

temps arent a issue right now..ill setup my online live web feed overclocking cam next week and post a link so people can watch me oc this beauty.

Yes, its all been on air, it's been mentioned a few times, easy to miss if you skip to the good stuff.

ChronicTrees said:
Yes, its all been on air, it's been mentioned a few times, easy to miss if you skip to the good stuff.

That's freaking insane!!! I don't generally care much for Intel but that's an insane Overclock.

Just Incase any one want's to know my chip's number's.
FPO/BATCH L541B379
PACKAGE DATE : 12/23/05

I Can say this..do not try it unless you can live with the risk of killing your chip..

I used a razor to cut the seal first..dont cut to far there are tiny smd componets inside there also,use a jewler torch on a stand to heat the IHS up verry fast then use my flat head sliper under the side to raise the ihs off,then use a good flat new razor to clean the solder off the cores, use 2000 grit sand paper to polish her up and away u go!

BitchBreaker said:
I Can say this..do not try it unless you can live with the risk of killing your chip..

I used a razor to cut the seal first..dont cut to far there are tiny smd componets inside there also,use a jewler torch on a stand to heat the IHS up verry fast then use my flat head sliper under the side to raise the ihs off,then use a good flat new razor to clean the solder off the cores, use 2000 grit sand paper to polish her up and away u go!
tell me, where did you buy this chip from?

IS the Asus p5wd2 and the p5wd2 premium the same board?

I am about to try the same, but with a 940 and a non premium board.

Great overclock!!!

Back