9300 is driving me nuts

Foz2001

[H]ard|Gawd
OK so I got my 9300 the other day... I have the screen resolution at 1440X900 and everytime the computer restarts it goes back to 1024, whats up witht that? Secondly I am getting a blue screen memory error when exiting some games, and the computer freezes on occasions...... maybe ill run memtest? see if this memory is bad or something.

Did you install Omega or some other tweaked drivers? If so, uninstall, use driver cleaner and get a regular driver like 78.01 or 78.03 from nvidia.com. Install the drivers manually from device manager, or download an inf from here and use the regular .exe installer.

i downloaded the 78.01's and its saying that It doesn't recognize my video card? whats up with that. I have a 6800 go

Foz2001 said:
i downloaded the 78.01's and its saying that It doesn't recognize my video card? whats up with that. I have a 6800 go
pxc said:
Did you install Omega or some other tweaked drivers? If so, uninstall, use driver cleaner and get a regular driver like 78.01 or 78.03 from nvidia.com. Install the drivers manually from device manager, or download an inf from here and use the regular .exe installer.
highlighted since you missed it the first time. :p

I havnt isntalled anything....... I got the computer and downloaded the 78.01 drivers and i am getting an error that says
".the nvidia setup program can not find any drivers that are compatible with your hardware"

has anyone else got this with there 9300?

And im not sure how you go about installing an .inf file?

You need to get modified drivers for go chips, the regular ones you downloaded are causing the problems I believe.
Listen to pxc.

ok but how do I go about doing that? I'm not to literate when it comes to .inf files and installing drivers manually.

my freind has a i9300 and got tons of blue screens when he first got it. Its the crappy drivers dell installs with it.

man, sifting through all the crap on that laptopvideo page is ridiculous. anyone know exactly which inf file one would need for this lappy?

slowbiz said:
man, sifting through all the crap on that laptopvideo page is ridiculous. anyone know exactly which inf file one would need for this lappy?
Get the first inf file in the first post of the link i posted above. It's near the bottom of the first post ("Pieter's mobile INF modified for v78.01", or "Pieter's mobile INF modified for v78.03" if you're using the nzone beta). :p

Back