939 Low-Ends?

obyj34

Gawd
Is there any info on the low end 939's (2800+, 3000+, ect...)? Since you can but the higher end ones right now from Newegg I assume that the lower end pieces will be coming soon. Any news?

all i've heard was late this year as in oct-nov-dec (now double thinking this it might be around sept i'm not sure)....i believe there will be at 3100 and 3300+

Dont count on any cheap 939 any times soon. AMD wants to overprice them until intel comes up with competition. If you want a midrange a64, you'll have to settle with a 754.

The whole dual channel thing for A64 doesn't seems to be all that important anyway. There is no reason to by a 939 pin chip when you can get a 754 with a meg of cache that will perform just about as well for a good deal less money. And the A64 chipsets are starting to be refined enough to OC on which means great things for the cheaper 754s.

I don't think we should underestimate the effectiveness of dual channel (especially for bandwidth intensive tasks). With the AXP dual channel was pretty much useless because the fsb bandwidth was equal to just one channel but it's not the same case for the a64.

I just wished we had decent multiprocessor systems from amd (opteron's are too expensive) for enthusiasts.

Back