939 X2 4400+ So is this it?

Boyo

Gawd
I am OC'd to 240x11 with my HT set at 3x and my vcore at 1.425. RAM is set at 2.5-3-2-6 1T, with a 1:1 divider. This is the best that I can get without my rig shutting down. I've tried setting the multiplier to 8x and the RAM to 100MHz and I still can't hit 2.7GHz. What am I missing or is this the best I can expect?

What happens if you give it more juice? Something like 1.5vcore. I would pump up to 1.55vcore if I had to.

Have you tried lowering your multi and adding a divider to your ram while raising your HTT?

run the divider on the memory. you are at DDR480 right now. I imagine it is your ram holding you back.

you shouldn't need your htt multi at 3 with a fsb at 240 cause thats only 720 at 4 you would b at 960 which is closer to stock of 1000, you should b able to hit 1100 mhz with the htt no problem. you probably hit the dual core wall, your gona have to increase the voltage a bit to go up that next step. i have a 4200 and to go from 2550 to 2600 i had to add .05V (went from 1.3625 to 1.41 in bios) with the same board, if you dont know asus adds an extra bit of voltage anyways so your slightly higer than what is in bios.

what are your temps at now, keep an eye on them jumping up that next bit

Definitely run a divider... Most DDR400 ram wont hit 450, let alone 480.

As long as your ram speed is over 150mhz (DDR300) you'll never notice the divider...

I tried running a 1:2 Divider, a 2:3 divider and even a 5:6 divider but nothing will take it past 240x11. That's my ceiling. I even bumped up the vcore to 1.5 and I still can't win.....

Boyo said:
I tried running a 1:2 Divider, a 2:3 divider and even a 5:6 divider but nothing will take it past 240x11. That's my ceiling. I even bumped up the vcore to 1.5 and I still can't win.....
You and me both. Regardless of voltage I'm not getting more than 2.45ghz stable with this chip. It could be the ram in my case as well but I'm not about to invest any more money into this computer until I figure out whether I want to stay in the AMD camp or go back to Intel. I have to low wattage version with 1mb cache per core btw. It will never compete with a Core 2 Duo but it get's the job done VERY nicely.

Did you try loosening your ram timings to something like 2.5-3-3-6, or maybe 3-3-3-8. Don't think it'd make a difference since you're running dividers, but it might be worth a shot.

Back