9500 gt ??

forrehmmnd

[H]ard|Gawd
I went into staples today while my parents were making copies, and i saw that there was a pny 9500gt on the racks. I have never heard of the 9500 gt, when did that come out. Am i just totally clueless ? Some of the reviews say its not even supposed to be out yet.

Nothing on their website about a 9500GT but they do have the 8800GTS 320MB for $329. :eek:

Nah it was definately a 9500gt. PNY brand. I have a picture on my phone of it, but i cant really upload that.

I know with my phone you can select to send the picture like a text and in the "To" bar I just put my E-Mail address and get it that way.

What was the price?
I would have bought it and put it on eBay for twice as much.

i cant quite remember what the price was, sorry. It wasnt a great deal though, nothing special.

This is in the aiken SC staples btw.

Why would they even bother making that?
I assume it's sub-par to the 9600GT which is already rather obsoleted... Or, at least, a 9500GT isn't needed in the price range.

well ,it edges out the 8600gt, and i guess theyre looking to fill a performance gap between the 260/280 and the other cards. word is a 9400 is coming out too.

The gap below the 260 already has the 9800s, all the 8800s, and the 9600s. I don't see a 9500 filling any gap there. Maybe you meant the gap between the 9600s and the cards that are even shittier than the 9500.

I assume it's sub-par to the 9600GT which is already rather obsoleted... Or, at least, a 9500GT isn't needed in the price range.

The gap below the 260 already has the 9800s, all the 8800s, and the 9600s. I don't see a 9500 filling any gap there. Maybe you meant the gap between the 9600s and the cards that are even shittier than the 9500.

because not everybody needs a 9600gt. the 9500gt is just a little faster than the 8600gt so thats all some people want. the 9500gt should use less power than the 8600gt too. the 9500gt has already been an option for many companies like HP and is a decent card for those with oem power supplies. also Nvidia wants to compete at every price point. is that enough reasons? :p

Well, that's interesting. I don't think there's any new tech in it, but it's still odd to see it on the shelves almost a month early when we are just now seeing the first early reports and photos.

According to Nvidia's PR, it's supposed to go up against the Radeon 3650. Another report said we should also see a 9400 in the future, which is no surprise.

I don't know...I wouldn't call a 9600GT (less than 5 months old?) obsolete, but it might just be because i own one.

Yeah, id just though i would share what i found. I was like "when did that come out" because im usually in the loop about this kind of stuff.

It suprises me that they have it on shelves for sale before nvidia has even released a price point (at least that i could find)

Back