Which one to choose??

• EVGA with GDDR3

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • PNY with GDDR4

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

YahonMaizosz

Limp Gawd
Hi guys, I was looking to buy a 9800 GTX+ to replace my 2 years old 7950 GX2. However, I am pretty confused when I stumbled these 2 products. 1 was with GDDR3 but came from a company I trust. The other is with GDDR4 and seems to be the only one with GDDR4. I would like to know how much performance difference between these 2 and which one I should pick.

Being away from the Video Card market for about 2 years really make me unable to make decision for myself anymore.. :)

I think that's a typo, they should be using the same type of memory which is GDDR3. I don't think nvidia even has any cards out right now using gddr4, only AMD/ATi.

I'm glad that it is a Typo since I had never heard of GDDR4 inside 9800 GTX+ before.. Is this card better than the ATI 4850 1GB?? They are of the same price at Newegg..

This is a real hard choice to make.. :)

I just noticed how much the 9800GTX + is going to cost you..... $200 vs $240 for a GTX 260.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133229

PNY GTX 260... you might as well..... only $40 difference and the performance jump is HUGE. and this does not include the rebate.

edit: You know what, EVGA rebate is very very good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130370

Only $230 AMIR.

The 9800GTX+ is a waste of money for $200 IMO.

You are very RIGHT.. I just did a research about the GTX 260. Thx for bringing this to me. The performance difference is quite huge and the price difference is small. Is PNY a reliable company? Or should I go with EVGA? My current 7950 GX2 is from EVGA and it had been running @ 575 Mhz (Core) + 775 Mhz (Mem) for 2 years now.. That's why I am sure that EVGA products are top notch..

Evga all day. Never had a problem with them and I have had tons of their cards.

You are very RIGHT.. I just did a research about the GTX 260. Thx for bringing this to me. The performance difference is quite huge and the price difference is small. Is PNY a reliable company? Or should I go with EVGA? My current 7950 GX2 is from EVGA and it had been running @ 575 Mhz (Core) + 775 Mhz (Mem) for 2 years now.. That's why I am sure that EVGA products are top notch..

Tiny difference in price getting the evga instead especially after their rebates, which will come with their history with rebates.

if the sticker on there said PNY then you would say they are top notch too. almost every Nvidia card out there is the same with each company just putting their sticker on the card.

if the sticker on there said PNY then you would say they are top notch too. almost every Nvidia card out there is the same with each company just putting their sticker on the card.

This means nothing, he's choosing the company because of their fast support, lifetime warranty, and the optional step-up.....

people need to stop bringing up the sticker, same reference card argument on which brand to get.

This means nothing, he's choosing the company because of their fast support, lifetime warranty, and the optional step-up.....

people need to stop bringing up the sticker, same reference card argument on which brand to get.

I think he was more trying to say that the reason the OP thought that EVGA was a good brand was faulty, not that EVGA isn't a good company or worth the extra money.

I am choosing EVGA because all of my NVIDIA products are from EVGA and I never had any problems with them.. I would rather stick with a brand that I had an experienced with than try a new one. Moreover, there is now the STEP-UP program which is really beneficial to me.

Those 2 are the main reasons why I choose EVGA.

why dont you actually READ the EXACT COMMENT I was replying to? :rolleyes:

he said "My current 7950 GX2 is from EVGA and it had been running @ 575 Mhz (Core) + 775 Mhz (Mem) for 2 years now.. That's why I am sure that EVGA products are top notch.."

that has nothing to do with fast support, lifetime warranty, and the optional step-up.

I think he was more trying to say that the reason the OP thought that EVGA was a good brand was faulty, not that EVGA isn't a good company or worth the extra money.
thats exactly what I was saying ;)

Yeah well you don't have to get all pissy about it, you still bought up the sticker crap which is irrelevant anyways instead of explaining the benefits of actually owning an Evga card. :rolleyes:

And I would love to keep going back and forth for 9 more posts until I hit Junkie yay :D

Yeah well you don't have to get all pissy about it, you still bought up the sticker crap which is irrelevant anyways instead of explaining the benefits of actually owning an Evga card. :rolleyes:

And I would love to keep going back and forth for 9 more posts until I hit Junkie yay :D
well there was NO basis for your comment. my comment to him was to simply make him aware that the performance of his card had nothing to do with the fact that it was an EVGA sticker on it and thats a fact. the stuff you brought up was completely irrelevant to what I just replied to. hardly anyone on these forums seems to be able to say "oops my bad" but you ought to try it. ;)

O ok, well I just re-read all that stuff and maybe I should've added to what you said instead of zinging at it..... ;)

Back