9800 Pro CHEAP

hablis

n00b
Fry's has the 9800 Pro for $149. At the Irving, Tx store the shelf was bare at opening, neat trick, you would think they'd sold out, but, if you ask about it, they had them in the back. Brand new in the retail box.

I got one at 9:30, and they "had" a pallet of them then. I thought it was odd that the shelf was empty but there were quite a few in the back. Might be that was so you could only get one.
Good luck.

wow that is an insane price...Maybe ATI is cutting down on prices or something?? anyways, I wish there was a Frys in St Louis Area...oh well

gl

I forgot, if they are out at Fry's, get the ad,(on the back page of the Dallas Morning News or Fort Worth Star Telegram) and take it over to Best Buy and make them price match it. That might be easier.

Originally posted by hablis
I forgot, if they are out at Fry's, get the ad,(on the back page of the Dallas Morning News or Fort Worth Star Telegram) and take it over to Best Buy and make them price match it. That might be easier.

people on anandtech and fatw have tried that w/a no-go

-fro

i'm gonna go pick one up cause I have some store credit there, that way I dont have to take out from my nv40/rv420(best of the 2) fund. IFFF they still have them in irving, do you think plano would have the same sale?

well it was a no go at the Frys around here :(
guess I'll have to pimp my self out to the girlfriend to get a new vidcard :D

thank you hablis for posting this awesome deal.. i went up to the frys in irving and couldnt find one.. so i asked the dude to check in the back.. dude insists that they're out.. so i asked him to check the computer systems... it says that there were 2 left ..... so he was tryin to tell me maybe someone already picked it up and is walking around in the store w/ it. but i was thinking.. what if someone hid it.. so i checked all over and long and behold.. i saw the 9800pro badboy for 150 bucks hiding in the 9600xt stack... and i told him about it and he was all shocked that i found one...

anyways... i was wondering if anyone knows if this 9800 pro 128 mb can overclock any good? i was planning on getting the sapphire edition off of new egg for 200 but this 150 bucks deal was too good to pass up.. plus its retail. so if anyone can tell me the overclockability of this retail card i'd appreciate it. thanks

I went to Fry's one time in San Jose to get the experience and it's very cool, but I hated how they repackage stuff and sell it as NEW. That is just wrong to me. :(

At the Fry's near us everything has a "was used and returned" sticker on it. Their return policy rocks but people over use it

Back