9800 Pro Clock Speeds

cfetter79

Limp Gawd
What kind of overclocking speeds are you guys getting on the stock Sapphire 9800 Pro cooling? Got decent airflow thru the case. Just was curious.

Thanks!

Just tried to add a little speed... Had it at around 411/365 and there was artifacting all over the place.. What gives?

You may want to try lowering the memory clock you got there, depending on your RAM. You also might investigate a firmware flash.

I have no problem running my Sapphire 9800PRO at 420/360, but 365 gives me minor pixel popping/snow.
This is with Samsung memory and the stock firmware.

Interesting.. I'm the opposite.

My core will NOT go past 395MHz! At 400 it picks up artifacts in ATITool after ~108 seconds. However, my memory is good up to 380+. Infact, I'm testing for artifacts right now at 380 mem, and so far its fine at 100 seconds. Going to bump it up more.

Why would my core be so limited, but my ram be so.. unlimited?

I know that heat is not an issue. I just spent 3 hours building myself a blower card. It's nice, I think. I'd get pics but I'm camera-less right now unfortunately! :(

Anyways, anyone know why my core would be so limited?

Edit: btw, it's a Sapphire 9800 Pro 128mb, Samsung ram.

Edit 2: 385MHz mem right now, 200 seconds good. Should I stop or keep going? :O

Edit 3: Ah, found the max. It would instantly error at 390MHz mem. Testing 385 a bit more now.

I haven't done TOO much overclocking, but I know my memory craps out at about 360MHz, and I got the core up to 420 or so but that wasn't maxed out. I bet I can get 426-430/360 stable. Not very good, but better than nothing. I really need to install some RAMsinks:(

I can't get my Mem speeds higher than 360 really or they spaz out, and I'm using a Connect3d 9800 Pro.

I can get my core to 420 though :confused:

i have a sapphire 9800NP with a pro bios on it and my max with some artifacting is 425 core and about 355 mem but can pass 3dmark 01 and 03.

Day to day i leave it at stock pro speeds or sometimes 400 core and 337.5 mem (stock pro ram)

what are the acceptable overclocks on core/mem?

what is more important the core or mem?

Back