9800 Pro Problem?

paintballax4ever

Limp Gawd
I just installed an ATI 9800 Pro 256mb into my rig and my computer restarts every now and then. Does anyone know what can cause this? It just started happening like a couple days after I installed the card. This happened to me before and it was the memory, but I'm leaning towards my graphics card this time. Once a blue screen popped up saying "error couldn't load 0x45798150" All those numbers are random, I couldn't remember them, but I kow the message was something like that. Any help with be helpful!

What video card did you have in your PC before you installed the 9800Pro?

If it was an nvidia card, you might be having problems with the drivers that nVidia cards leave behind after uninstalling them.

Sounds like maybe you PSU isn't up to par...could you post your complete specs, especially your PSU (brand, wattage, exact model)?

paintballax4ever said:
I had a Radeon 8500 before...

Antec Tru430 - 430 watts
AMD Thunderbird 1.33ghz
Abit NF7-S v2.0
Creative Sound Blaster Live
Crucial 512mb PC2700
Maxtor 6L060J3 60gb
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb

Could this be another memory problem?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-005&depa=0

Try just connecting your motherboard and video card to power... start up and monitor your 5v and 12v rail using Motherboard Manager... report back to us with your results.... don't have anything else connected...

I think it might be your rails on your PSU... do what I said... or if not, just run MBM and let us know what your rails are under load..

Use Rthdrbl

Voltages look OK to me, maybe loading bios defaults helps correcting memory timings and stuff like that

Good Luck

OldMX

Why should I do that, the error screen is blue with white writing...it says a bunch, but I can't read it, because my system like restarts after a second of showing that error screen.

If it is my graphics card, what possible problems are there? It happens randomly, not only when I'm in a game, even when I'm just dragging stuff around, browsing the internet, or just checking e-mail.

Turn off automatic reboot. Right-click My Computer, properties, advanced, startup & recovery, clear the automatically restart box. Then wait for it to happen again and write down any files referenced, etc.

Back