9800GTX is out at NewEgg

Wow. Bout $30 cheaper than I expected! This isn't a bad buy for anyone who doesn't wanna fuck around with multi-GPU, or plans to overclock it.

I got a direct link to a card on another site, but strangely when I click on the search links all that comes up is "We have found 0 items that match your search criteria "9800GTX". Weirdness.

Nice price? I thought it was supposed to be 299 e-tail? Early gouging by newegg I assume.

That doesnt seem as high as I thought a "new" card would be. But my question is how are there no reviews from the big sites yet? Did someone screw up somewhere?

That doesnt seem as high as I thought a "new" card would be. But my question is how are there no reviews from the big sites yet? Did someone screw up somewhere?

Card just launched. We'll start seeing credible reviews today.

Funny how everyones post is within a minute of each others...... are we all here to find reviews of 9800GTX possibly??????????:D:D:D:D:D

Hmm... I wonder how much of a boost I will get from an 8800GT to this? Anyone got links on benchmarks for these puppies?

Hmm... I wonder how much of a boost I will get from an 8800GT to this? Anyone got links on benchmarks for these puppies?

Nothing from the big sites yet. Nvidia's NDA probably lifts today so reviews should flood in.

If by some amazing act of engineering genius this card outperforms Crossfire 3870s I'm going to pick it up instead of a second 3870. I'm really interested in seeing what it can do at higher resolutions.

I'll probably be sticking to my 8800GT, I don't see the performance increase, if substantially higher, worth the extra cost. Besides, my step-up expired a long time ago (bought 8800GT at launch day), this may be something to consider for someone who bought a somewhat expensive 8800GT/S of the EVGA brand to step up from.

I know the performance isn't too great, but this is probably the only time I'll find a "GTX" card that I can afford.. I'll buy one when I come back from the summer =)

umm first time i notice Zogis & ZOTAC never heard of these manufactures, any feedback on them anyone?

Oh BTW damn myself for just getting a used 8800GTX on eBay before waiting for reviews of this =\

I wonder what time the [H] review will come out... it's about noon GMT right now, I'm guessing mid-day east coast time? In which case it would be about 5pm GMT.

This was such a disappointment. I mean, the 8800 GTX was over $600 when it came out. Why is this one so much cheaper? Cuz it's a glorified 8800GTS in disguise- at least from what I've heard anyways. If this were the the next generation GTX, it would rock your world, cost more & have equal or better specs than a 8800 GTX.

I intend to get another 8800 GTX than get a 9800

oh yes no doubt its a disappointment given its name. its more of a 8850 GTX.

I bought one a week ago. Sadly I don't live in the US, so I paid 460$ for it.

Performs great, but a word of warning. It's huge. It blocks the airflow in my antec p180 and causes my very modestly overclocked e6600 (2.7 # 1.27 Vcore with TT Big Typhoon on low setting) to idle at 50c (and it used to be 40c with my previous card, 1950xt with Accelero S1 cooler)

-Great Wizard

The 9800 GTX is a not an upgrade for the gamer already using an 8800 GTX. There are a few reasons that the 9800 GTX is a better product than the 8800 GTX, but gaming is not one of them. If you are a gamer and were hoping to upgrade, today is not the day if you already own pretty much any 8800 series card.

Well, that seals the deal for me. I'm glad I bought the 8800GTX and here's hoping for the 9900 series.

nice review. Looks like I am getting a GX2. When will this price drop happen?

Back