9800pr0 vs 7800GT

Yeah, 9800 Pro was a popular card. I have the 9800 Non-pro and I am moving up to 7800GT next week on a new 3700 San Diego system, so this is a good thread! :)

Hopefully Nvidia will come out with the 7900(?) within 90 days so I can participate in EVGAs upgrade program. :D

I also just did the 9800pro to 7800gt upgrade... cant wait for monday to see how big of a difference it is

SoCalDJ said:
U will see a HUGE jump in preformance from the 9800 to a 7800, i'd say almost a 50% increase or more. If your playing fear too then your gonna need those extra horsies from the 7800, that game is pretty tough on the system

Heh, more like 150-200%

Damn guys...you got me all pumped and my new rig wont be complete for 3 months :(
but still making me feel better about my new video card choice. :)

Well thats a step, redoing a whole new system costs alot of money and shit thats what i do i buy something here something there and eventully you'll have a killer rig :p

Enjoy the vid card it's an awesome one :p

but really . You won't see much off a difference on half-life 1. I was really disappointed.

i just did the same upgrade too ;)

ZERO regrets...muchhh better performance...especially on FEAR...course...my also new 2405FPW does enhance it somewhat :p

On HL1 well that game is Old school, the 9800 pro is WAY ahead of that game so yea you really woln't see any preformance in HL1 on that card because it's more CPU reliant due to the lower graphic demands, now take a game like FEAR, and with a high powered vid card you can crank those settings up to 1600x1220 and turn on AAx4 and AFx16, older games don't demand the same as the newest ones ><

Back