9950BE and My TA770/rx780/sb600 smooooth.

Well ive been tweaking the TA770 and decided to bite on anew 9950BE...

This chips are sweeeeeet...

Not every chip is expected to clock good . I know my 9600BE was horrid @2500mhz but it still performed...

All i can say is wow for these new chips..

First boot 3.3ghz and then i said screw it and set 1.56v..yes im water cooled .. I havnt tweaked it to much but and very happy @ 3400mhzCPU/2400mhzNB. I have only tweaked using Ram and multi settings.. When i have more time ill tweak the FSB adn so forth to see what this thing can really do..Im running it 24/7 @ the speed below and Vcore to see how durable this thing really is...I may need a better mobo but what the heck ,Im way Happy with this so far...

For AMD x4core this thing is a WOLF in SHEEP skin indeed..i cant wait for 45nm!

9950_3400ghz.jpg

9950supi3400mhz2400mhzNB.jpg

This thing Does 3400mhz @ 1.44v , im just pushing the tin(some one has too):D

Oh man , thanxs ...

I had posted wrong screen shot first time.. this ones a little better..I think i can maybe sqeeze some more ...one more Bios to test ..Seems a good Bios helps too.

supiandEverestModBios3450mhz.jpg

it seams there are a few good phenoms out there that can clock good but most like mine fuck up bad after like 200-400 mhz

nice o/c on that phenom, I just got my 9850 be and hope to have the time in the next week to see what it can do...

I just hope your board holds up, I know some of the non-top-of-the-line boards of some companies were blowing mosfets because the phenom was just too much for the power circuitry

Ive been emailing Biostar the last 4 months and also have tried numerouse Bioses(Over 100 variations easily ,this also includes testing ALL Modded Bios by Polygon on the TA770.....

My Mobo ive been cranking it @ over 1.6v with 125watt 6000+ @3.5ghz and then stressed for 1.6v with 2500mhz 9600BE....I have Sinks on the Phets and the Mobo runs way cool..Stock HT and 1.31 on the NB/SB with 2.2vdimm....

Also This Mobo is the 5.2 version and there is a SE+ which is SB700... Power wise ive been running this Mobo Maxed with Volts and High FSB and HT and so forth for 5months...Ive been trying to kill it:D Best Buget mobo ive had in a while...Even the MSI790fx were cooking with STOCK 9850...

Biostar took the time and made this Buget 770 nice compared to others with SB600.

TA770computer002.jpg

1 D-tek Ver.1 WaterBlock ,,Tygon 1/2" tube and two Bix3'sDangerden.. the pump is 655 swifty. I customized the Dtek and seems to work great too..

i enlarged the Input and Output Holes..

Input is 1/2" to 3/4" tapered to expose more pins in bottom of W/B .The exit ports are now 3/8" ..It cools the Phenom just fine even @3450mhz and 1.56v i idle @26c Bios and dont exceed 50c in Windows under full load@ 19-20c ambiant room temp..

HPIM0606.jpg

HPIM0609.jpg

jamie023.jpg

jamie027.jpg

Sorry my pics arnt the best:D

Power wise ive been running this Mobo Maxed with Volts and High FSB and HT and so forth for 5months...Ive been trying to kill it:D Best Buget mobo ive had in a while...Even the MSI790fx were cooking with STOCK 9850...

dont tell me that...lol, im running that msi board

Wow this thread really has me wanting to go back to amd with this board. I guess Ill sleep on it.

picked up this board, still waiting on a chip

Just remeber i pushed the CHIP and Especially the MOBO to the MAX with More than enuff Volts....

My Max is 3553mhz @1.61volts.. When i Primed the Cores to 100% the PWMs would start to fault NOT THE CHIP...

3.4ghz was achieved with 1.39volts with all cores full speed ahead...If you Plan on a SUPER OC get a new FX/GX down the Road...I simply showed that SB600 Even on a Budget Mobo Clocks pretty good.....

24/7 i run 3450mhz @ 1.56volts,, I have my Pwm's heatsinked if not ,, Poof signals go up to the Mobo God's:D

The 9850's seems to like 1.36volts to 3.3ghz

9950's are very simalar and i believe better silocon batches.. They do in fact take to decent amount of Vcore and remain stable...They Clock High past 3.0/3.3ghz with STOCK Volts.. I maxed mine with 1.61v High Volts with Water just to see HOW STRONG the New batch was ....

Im happy,, And Yes @ 3.0ghz with High NB there very fast indeed...I recomend 1066ram for best performance.

Oh yeah The Mobo was NOT STABLE at this speed Below!:D I would of had 20's but lowered my NB from 2700mhz to 2100mhz to reduce Power Load on Mobo..Remeber the Nb is like a mini CPU too and Produces Heat which requires even more Volts to push...Waiting to bite on a New FX/GX then ill try for More :eek:with out AOD.....:confused:

3550mhz22s.jpg

sandrabandwidth.jpg

3.3-3.4ghz and say (1.45volts or less) is a good 24/7 use on this Mobo ,,

Use Good Heatsink/Air or nice Water setup youll have no problem at all.

The 9950BE has been getting a lot of rave reviews around the net in recent weeks. Finally some speed and a bit of OC potential at a very attractive price point.

The 9950BE has been getting a lot of rave reviews around the net in recent weeks. Finally some speed and a bit of OC potential at a very attractive price point.

Whats real funny is i went to MICROCENTER and had two pick between two 9950's with the same stepping:D

They were both 0820's and all the 9850's were 0816 or lower...So the 9950 decided to test on a Cheap Mobo ...Some of these chips that ive seen just had bad Bios support or the Cooling wasnt taking into consideration....I dont know a lot but i do know the 9950 likes 1.35-1.56volts with Decent Water and 1.35-1.45v with air.. My Mobo has a pretty big Vdroop which makes this even harder when coupled with a Hungry 3870x2.

So im now waiting for a Super new Mobo( Hmmm 790Gx/x/Fx ) should clock it More stable with less Volts....I will not use AOD..Im like the Bios personally and it make it more of a challenge. Just waiting for that nice AMD/ATI chip set so i can Tweak/run Xfire eventually too.

Note: Once you know how to set up the HT/NB and Ram these things clock better than F3 65nm;) its a nice jump for the 4cores indeed vs B2

Back