a 15inch or smaller lcd touch?

Tech_Pro

Limp Gawd
hello its been a while but i'm back to ask more questions.

well i'm trying to get my pops and i to do a summer project and this idea i got (just about an hour ago... cant sleep again) needs a screen, for reasons beyond me i feel the need of a 15 inch or lower lcd touch monitor. i'm looking to get one at about 120$ or less. the resolution would need to be atleast 800x600. i remember a while ago buying a lcd screen for pretty cheap somewhere that i never installed (was going to be the screen inside the computer case). if anybody knows what exactly i need / the price / where to buy (if one of you have one i will take that into consideration) / and anything else you can think of i would LOVE to gain the knowledge.

Please note that i would be perfectly happy using a computer monitor but do to $$$ i feel that a open frame screen would fit me best.

Last edited:
If you're looking for a project, I suggest considering looking at making a DIY projector. A bit more expensive, but I'm sure you'll like the benefits. Check out lumenlab.com for some ideas.

yeah it would HAVE to be a LCD/TFT something thin, small, user friendly... thank you for the thought.

For about 150-200$ you can hunt down a Dell E153FPTC (or newer E157FPT) 15" on ebay.

You could scour ebay for Planar touchscreens, as well as elo touchsystems monitors. Typically though, a smaller than 15" screen is going to have a price premium much higher than you are willing to spend. But eBay should be your friend!

Back