a cheap gaming MB

Arnge

Limp Gawd
So i was thinking of changing my MSI 945 MOBO

since it doesn't support core 2 suo or atleast that is what the manual says " it says it supports FSB 1066 " but nothing about core2duo

so anyways i am getting my self a 8800GTS SC

and i was wondering which is better

an XFX 650 MOBO

or a gigabyte 965 MOBO " it doesn't have to be gigabyte.

no...you'll be fine with that board. It supports x16 bandwidth on the video card slot, so the board won't limit you at all.

the version i have doesn't support quad core

but the gigabyte 965 does.

the version i have doesn't support quad core

but the gigabyte 965 does.

If you're going to get a gigabyte 965 board, make sure you get rev. 2 or later (or the 1.3). They all have 1333mhz FSB support where the 1.0 doesn't.

But if you're going to go that route, get a P35 board.

i think the 965 is a lot cheaper.

and yeah the 965 supports 1333. FSB and quad core

i think the 965 is a lot cheaper.

and yeah the 965 supports 1333. FSB and quad core

Yes, it is cheaper I suppose. You'll get a better OC out of a P35 board if you're into that. I suppose if you're on a budget, a good rev. 3.3 DS3 would be ok. I picked up a 650i Ultra board and it works like I expect it to.

1280*1024

and it is slow on expand rally , bottom line it is slow where it isn't supposed to be.

1280*1024

and it is slow on expand rally , bottom line it is slow where it isn't supposed to be.

Well, if you drop in a C2D, you should definitely see a pickup over that P4. Even running stock a C2D should give you a nice boost. Like I said earlier...for the price, the 650i is tough to beat. It was down to $70 AR. It's a pretty good board for that price.

i can't find one , i just heared the inteel boards with nividia

650i ultra is not good and 965 would be better.

you can get the basic abit IP35-E for under $100, the older 965 based IB9 is under $60.

i can't find one , i just heared the inteel boards with nividia

650i ultra is not good and 965 would be better.

Well, I've used both the IB9 and the 650i Ultra. I'd say they are about on par with each other. Both of them booted up first try without any problems. I do have a weird issue with my 650i board currently running in XP with a svchost.exe trying to run a lot of CPU cycles (doesn't seem related to the windows update problem with svchost.exe). But other than that, I don't have a problem with either of them. For less than $60, the IB9 is a heck of a board. I got my rebate from Abit with no problems.

I am in your exact situation. I went with the eVGA 650i Ultra because both boards are very close to each other in performance but the 650i is cheaper in price.

Make sure your specific ram DOES NOT require any VDIMM over 2.1 volts. I have some 2.2 volt Corsair Dominator Ram DDR2-1066 modules and they would want that extra .1 volt. Otherwise, since I ordered some GSKill DDR2-800 modules with a vdimm rating of 1.8v - 2.0v, this board will accomodate my GSKill ram perfectly.

my rams are working on a 945 so i think 1.8 Volts :D

and that means i get a 650I XFX , it is not cheaper than the 965 in here.

but i think i will get it.

Personally I'd go with the Gigabyte P35-DS3L for about $90.

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=BA24085

Its an all Solid capacitor design. If anything is going to die on a motherboard its the capacitors, and solid ones last about 6x longer than the liquid ones. You can always tell the solid caps from the liquid ones because the liquid ones have a + on the top (emergency pressure/heat release)

Well the good thing about the 650I is that it isn't a micro ATX mobo.

secondly i live in egypt. so the prices are way higher in here

650i reference boards (eVGA, XFX, etc), have a max of 2.1V for memory. Might be a problem if you're running some higher end DDR2 1000 type memory with tight timings.

Back