A Computer You Can Upgrade Forever?

Unit design looks decent. The idea is nice, but a bit impracticable for the price and other reasons.

I could see this being used as a carputer. Very small footprint that could be tucked anywhere. Once they get this a bit more refined and the price in a more realistic range, I could see that taking off.

ever try changing out the superdrive on a macbook? you literally have to take out EVERY component. that is no exaggeration. EVERY PART MUST COME OUT in order to change the superdrive.

Well I never said it was always easy. There are some pain in the ass PC laptops too. Lord knows I work with enough of them.

What would be infinitely more awesome is taking a net-top with Zacate, removing the battery, keyboard, LCD, and having that super slim thing as a HTPC.

My Gateway 2000 tower from 1995 is still in use today with an i7 and on its 6th or 7th motherboard, so that's 15+ years out of the same computer without paying hundreds extra for the privilege.

My Gateway 2000 tower from 1995 is still in use today with an i7 and on its 6th or 7th motherboard, so that's 15+ years out of the same computer without paying hundreds extra for the privilege.

Well, seeing that the ATX specification has been around since 1995, but I wouldn't call that a computer that can be upgraded forever since I bet that case is the only thing left of the original hardware...unless you still have the AnyKey keyboard and Vivitron monitor :D.

Well I never said it was always easy. There are some pain in the ass PC laptops too. Lord knows I work with enough of them.

yeah but the problem is there are no macbooks that are aren't a pain in the ass...but they all sure do look good :rolleyes::p

you know what really is upgradeable pretty much forever?

a WYSE Winterm... think about it...

Is it just me, or is there no Hard Drive listed in the Specs?

$1000 and they can't even throw in at least a 5200RPM SATA laptop drive? Really?

For that price, you should get a 128GB-256GB SSD.

macs can be upgraded forever too.....you just throw the old one away and buy a new one .
mac.jpg

Oh, btw, this is a pretty cool idea, but it would only really be good if it was made with manufacturers in mind so everyone can make add ons. That'd be awesome.

I don't see whats the point

New processors and other hardware comes up with new features. Having multiple old processor isn't exactly the best way of upgrading a system.

And for apps that runs more efficient on one fast core rather than across multiple slower cores, this doesn't look like a good idea either.

the CPU chip alone looks gigger than this lol, I do not see how you can use the power of the CPU, GPU, Sound, Hard Drive onto this thing? wait what about watching dvd and blu-ray...

I found another computer that you can upgrade forever!/QUOTE]

That would probably be cheaper too, and have a load more options (AMD only...:rolleyes:)

But, 11th of december! (Wonder if I can use the CSI enhanse thing to read the bank statement...need some new shoes...and some things :D)

Well, seeing that the ATX specification has been around since 1995, but I wouldn't call that a computer that can be upgraded forever since I bet that case is the only thing left of the original hardware...unless you still have the AnyKey keyboard and Vivitron monitor :D.

Heh, actually it was an AT case and I had to carve out space in the back to make room for ATX riser, and I fashioned an intermittent switch from Radio Shack which worked well since the switch on the case was just a plastic piece in front of the "real" switch so I could keep it. I still have the 17" monitor and the keyboard and they still work, the monitor is surprisingly bright after all these years. I don't use them regularly though, but I'm still upgrading!

Back