A few baseball pics

[TQ]

Gawd
I'm posting these because i recall a thread a while back where people were trying to convince everyone that useing super high shutter speeds in baseball is not needed. I beg to differ, especially in the nomar photo...not ball on bat, but, the ball is at least semi-sharp

Most of these are shot at or above 1/5000

A few from my trip down to Arizona...not bad for only having a 200mm lens i think. I sure do fully understand now why they use the 400 though!

See 'em all here
http://www.pbase.com/timmyquest/baseballpics

Carlos Zambrano
41270848.jpg

No idea...
41270854.jpg

glenden rusch...you should see his $250,000 Aston Martin
41270839.jpg

41270804.jpg

Amaris Ramirez
41270830.jpg

Nomar
41270837.jpg

Nomar
41270838.jpg

*drool*

Those are great pics! What camera do you use?

The one with the ball in mid air is really cool.

He grounded out didn't he?

Cool shots, but I have one complaint. YOU WERE IN ARIZONA AND YOU DIDN'T GET SOME MARINER SHOTS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? (the !!!!'s and ???'s go on forever)

Just kidding...sort of. ;)

Awesome shots. The action one of Nomar is pretty good and yeah, looks like he's about to ground out.

And after reading the recent Globe story about him, I don't dislike him anymore. No need to change my name :)

I bet if you were head on, that pic of Rusch would make his arm look like it is grotesquely bending.

Nice shots, [TQ], particularly the ones of Ramirez and Nomar. Do you have room on the Nomar shot to give a little more space on the left (the direction he's looking)? The crop seems a little off.

Any photos of the Aston Martin? ;)

Nice pics Tim. I just shot some HS baseball with my 85mm f/1.8 (way too short for anything except the batter when you're pressed into the fence :() and I found I need at least 1/2000 to make the bat/ball semi-sharp. Seeing that the rebel tops out at 1/4000 I'm glad I don't have to cover professionals with it, although at some point in time I'll get to cover college stuff...

Hopefully I can get a 70-200mm f/2.8 before long so I can have a chance at framing the players...

Nice pics. I like those.

Did you have a press pass for those? Or did you just have close seats or were wandering around? For just a 200mm you must have been pretty close.

Back