A few small suggestions for sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ordovician

2[H]4U
I suggest that sellers do not use bold red typeface in their ads, because that is the highlighting style on search terms. It makes it very hard to search for a specific term. Also, I think it would be very helpful to people to keep the price of SOLD items, instead of replacing the price with "SOLD." It will help other sellers gain knowledge of the current going rates of hardware. Thanks.

I suggest that sellers do not use bold red typeface in their ads, because that is the highlighting style on search terms. It makes it very hard to search for a specific term. Also, I think it would be very helpful to people to keep the price of SOLD items, instead of replacing the price with "SOLD." It will help other sellers gain knowledge of the current going rates of hardware. Thanks.

Better yet, just delete the sold items so they don't show up in the search results. Nobody cares that you sold it.

Better yet, just delete the sold items so they don't show up in the search results. Nobody cares that you sold it.
Some people do, as a guide for how much to price their hardware when they sell it, or as a guide to how much they should reasonably expect to pay for similar second-hand hardware. I think people should leave it up, it helps.

Some people do, as a guide for how much to price their hardware when they sell it, or as a guide to how much they should reasonably expect to pay for similar second-hand hardware. I think people should leave it up, it helps.

I agree if they leave the price. If there is no price, then delete it.

I disagree. If I blow out something cheap because I need fast cash other sellers shouldn't have to meet that low price.

This isn't a garage sale. People should pay fair prices and sellers should receive fair compensation.

Its up to the discretion of sellers how they list their threads to attract or drive away buyers. As I've always said if I don't like it I don't buy it ;).

I disagree. If I blow out something cheap because I need fast cash other sellers shouldn't have to meet that low price.

This isn't a garage sale. People should pay fair prices and sellers should receive fair compensation.

You're misinterpreting the purpose of this suggestion. It's not to have everybody meet the lowest price, it's to allow other sellers to establish an average selling price. Anomalously low prices are always that -- anomalously low.

Its up to the discretion of sellers how they list their threads to attract or drive away buyers. As I've always said if I don't like it I don't buy it ;).

That's why this thread is directed towards sellers. I want to make sellers aware that the use of a specific typeface is particularly troublesome when combined with the search feature.

Your suggestions are noted, but, people are going to do what they're going to do, and we're not going to legislate any of these things via the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back